Twelve

It was finally Monday. Lola had taken a small break from everything over the weekend to help out Alec. She was surprised to have gotten a text from him asking for her help but she told him to come by her apartment so she could help him considering she's been waiting for him to do exactly this. Coach should be happy about this fact as well because he was also waiting for it to happen

Now that it was Monday she had her finished paper and turned it in to her teacher and she had the talent show that night. Neither Reece nor Scarlet had been talking to her much up to this point except for texts telling her that she needed to be practicing. Since she had the show later she didn't have time in her schedule to go on a run at all; she'd at least been able to find time to go running over the weekend but now she had to figure out something to do.

Decidedly, after her last class she went to the field to track down Coach Kaine to ask if she could go on the run with the boys. She was actually just wearing a pair of running shorts and a t-shirt which was perfect for her to run in, not to mention she had thrown on her running shoes this morning as well.

Lola wasn't able to find Coach Kaine but she did find Bryant (Assistant Coach Grimm.) He was looking down at a clip board for whatever reason when she approached him.

"Hey Bryant."
"Hey Lola, how are you?" He asks with a glimmering smile.
"I'm actually really busy today so I was wondering if I could go on the run with the boys?" She quickly asks him.
"I don't see why not. They're coming out right now so you might want to get over there now." He then tells her.
"Thanks Bryant!" She calls to him as she walks over to the boys.
"Good luck!"

She walked over to the boys quickly and some of them gave her odd looks but they don't question her. She took out her earbuds and phone and started to listen to music as they began to run. What she failed to notice is that the boys actually talked to each other as they ran and were even trying to talk to her but she couldn't hear them.

Alec ran up next to her and plucked on of the buds from her ear, surprising her.

"You know, we're trying to talk to you." He states grinning.
She shyly smiles in response and looks at the boys around her, "Sorry, I'm not really used to talking while I run."
"You run?" Sam asks her.
"Only every day." She responds as her feet pound on the ground along with everybody else's.
"Why are you running with us now then?" Preston asks her bluntly but not rudely.
"I've got a very busy day today and right now is the only time I have because of the talent showcase."
"What song are you singing again?" Gray asks.
Lola smirks, "I don't recall ever telling you what song I was singing so you get to wait."
"Then why'd you tell me?" Alec asks curiously.
"Yeah, why does he get to know?" Zachary asks whining.
"I didn't know he was going." She defends.
"Plus I don't like surprises." Alec then throws in.
"But-"
Lola cuts Gray off, "Hush your mouth and deal with it, I don't even want to be doing this in the first place."

*********

After the boy's practice Lola went home and almost immediately uploaded a video that she pre-filmed before getting into the shower. The first song that began playing was another one by The Script and once again she didn't hear anybody singing along with her to this band. After this song played a Fall Out Boy song began and she did hear him singing along with her.

"We're only liars, but we're the best
We're only good for the latest trends
We're only good cause you can have almost famous friends
Besides, we've got such good fashion sense"

Once this song was over she purposely put on One Call Away so that she could get a little bit more practice in before she had to leave. She was leaving directly after she got ready after her shower and she was actually getting a bit excited.

^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: I'm here! Hi. Yeah. Hello. Hola. So next chapter may or may not be a really good one/have a cliffhanger but I swear it'll be worth it and hopefully I can at least get like 4 chapters done today. It kind of seems like I'm rushing to get this book done and I actually kind of am, to be completely honest.

In case you don't follow my Bookstagram on Instagram then I've had a little idea that I want to do but I really shouldn't start another project until I finish one. Singing in the Shower is a 100% planned project so it's a little easier to get done faster than something that I haven't planned out.

If you do want to follow my Bookstagram then it's @ maddithereader

Shameless self promo once again.

Xoxo
You guys are awesome!