Seven

After calling her brother and asking him to meet her at the football field after class, she herself went to the field to watch the boys practice. Once again she was laying flat on her back in the grass and on her phone trying to find a song since she told Scarlet she'd find one.

The boys had already started conditioning and she felt a presence next to her as she laid there. Looking over she found her older brother Matt sitting beside her and she sat up smiling.

"So what am I doing here?" He asks facing her.
"Well I have to be here so since I couldn't come to you I made you come to me." She quickly explains to him.

Matt was only a year older than her but they looked almost the same with the same hair and eye colors.

"And you want something." He states.
She sighs, "Fine, Scarlet and Reece signed me up for some talent thing and I don't want to do it but since I have to, can you do it with me?"
"No. Puppy dog eyes don't work on me anymore."
"Come on, please?"
"No."
"Can you at least help me find a song?" She then asks him and starts pulling grass out of the ground.
"Why can't you just pick a song that you like?" He annoyedly asks.
She groans, "Just because I like a song doesn't mean I sound good when I sing it."
"Well I'm not doing it so..."

They continued talking and completely ditched the topic of the talent 'show'. Eventually Matt had to leave so they hugged goodbye before Lola had to sit herself back down and think about the song she was being forced to sing.

*********

Alec wound his arm back to throw the ball but sadly a rip of pain went through his shoulder at the swift movement and a grimace appeared on his face as he continued on and threw the ball.

By the end of practice he could practically feel his shoulder pulsing with pain. He stubbornly and immediately leaves the field the moment practice was over to go home. When there he threw himself onto his couch and tried to forget about his shoulder; he ended up falling asleep.

The next time Alec woke up he could hear a nice voice singing but it wasn't completely clear. Even so, he got up sleepily and went to his bathroom.

"That heart is so cold
All over my home
I don't wanna know that babe"

Two words went through his mind when he heard this. Ed Sheeran.

"For a couple weeks I
Only wanna see her
We drink away the days with a take-away pizza
Before a text message was the only way to reach her
Now she's staying at my place and loves the way I treat her
Singing out Aretha"

He sounded groggy while he sang but he just continued on. At some point he caught of whiff of himself and got in the shower. You can't let that scent linger.

Today they didn't talk to each other since they were getting so into the songs.

"I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away"

He sang by himself and heard her squeal.

"Ohmygosh this is the perfect song!"

He had no idea what she was talking about but whatever it was, she was excited.

^^^^^^^^^

A/N: Y'know sometimes I'm even like, "What are you doing Madison? Short chapter, long chapter, pick one woman!" But then I'm like, "They are words on a page, this is what you wanted and it's what you're getting until the next chapter."

If anybody wants to know, my instagram is @ apprentix and @ girl_fronts
and
My twitter is @ elris_twts

Xoxo
~Mad