Nine

Lola left the lecture room and quickly made her way to the field. Luckily for her, when she got there the person she wanted to talk to was there.

She scampered over to him, "Alexander, can I talk to you for a minute?"
He sighed annoyedly, "Go ahead."
"Great. Coach wanted me to talk to you about your shoulder-"
He then cuts her off, "I already know that's the reason you're here considering nobody else needs any help."
"I disagree with that but did you do anything to it recently that would cause it to flare up?"
He shakes his head in irritation, "I'm not talking about this."
He then tries to sidestep her but she moves with him, "I'm here to help you but I can't do that if you aren't willing to ask for it."
"I'm don't need any help." He grits his teeth.
Her forehead wrinkles together, "When you get over yourself, you can come and ask me for help." Lola tells him before turning around and leaving him standing there.

Alec didn't go to her and she ended up sitting in her spot in the grass and practicing the song she was going to sing.

Halfway into sitting there Sam hobbled over to her with a look of pain written on his face. He immediately plopped down in the grass and spoke.

"I have a leg cramp." He complains with pain lacing his voice.
Lola sets her phone down and looks at him, "You need to get up and stretch it out."
"But it hurts." He whines.
She looks at him incredulously, "Are you five?"
"Lola, please do something." Sam practically begs.

She smirks before telling him to move and then started to massage his calf since he wouldn't stand up and stretch it out. They sat there for a few minutes and she suspected that the cramp was already gone but he was enjoying the massage so he didn't say anything.

"What are you doing after this?" He asks her.
"Nothing." She continues moving her thumb in circular motions on his leg.
"Great, you should come to dinner with us." He then suggests to her and causes he to stop he movements and look up at him.
"I don't think that's a good idea." She deadpans.
"Please?"
"Who would've thought you'd be the one asking me to do something?" Lola jokes.
"Come on Lola. You just said you weren't doing anything." Sam says noticing that she was attempting to slightly change the subject.
She stares at him for a moment and he stares back as though they were trying to see who'd break first, "Fine." She gives in.

Shortly after, Sam returned to practice and Lola sat, waited and dreaded for what she agreed to do. It couldn't be that bad though, right? All she'd have to do is eat and then maybe talk a little bit, not too difficult.

Eventually practice ended and Sam and Gray told her where they were going so she could follow in her car. A few of the guys weren't going but she was pretty sure the ones that were going were relatively nice to her. After waiting for the boys to change out of their sweaty clothes and clean themselves they all left the school and went to a pizza place.

When they all got there she indeed did stay silent most of the time. The boys were all talking and throwing jokes back and forth along with talking about school which she didn't expect them to talk about. She kind of just sat there listening and laughing at their jokes.

"Lola, what are you doing this weekend?" Tim asks catching her by surprise.
She was also about to take a bite of her pizza but she set it down to respond, "I've got some 'projects' that I have to do." By projects she was talking about editing her videos, finishing her paper and practicing the song.
"Wh-"

Her phone went off at that exact moment and she smiled sheepishly at everybody as she took it out of her back pocket. She looked at her little brothers name as it popped up on the screen; he rarely ever called her so she knew this had to not be good.

Instead of getting up she immediately answered her phone and looked down at her food.

"Hey Andy." She answers sounding slightly nervous.
"Hey Lo. Dad and I are at the hospital right n-"
Lola cuts her brother off, "What?!"
"Shut up and let me speak! Mom fainted when she was gardening and she hit her head." Andy tells her calmly.
"Is she okay? Did she need stitches? Did she hurt her hip again? I can catch the next flight home-"
It was Andy's turn to cut her off, "You need to chill out. She's fine, no stitches, her hip is fine and she only has a concussion."
"That doesn't make me feel any better!"
She could practically hear Andy sigh and roll his eyes. "I knew I shouldn't have been the one to call you. You need to stay where you are and there's no way you're coming home because Reece told me about that talent thing."
"You are horrible just like every other guy your age. I don't even know why they signed me up for that dumb talent thing, I don't want to do it so I can go home. Easy." She tells him unhappily.
"Thanks. You're still not coming home because mom is fine. I'm going to hang up now and you are going to pretend that I didn't tell you anything happened to mom." He informs her adamantly.
"That's not fair."
"Bye Lo, love you." Andy ignores her last comment.
"Love you too." She says blandly before hanging up her phone and looking back up.

All the boys were quiet and looking at her as she slowly placed her phone on the table.

"Everything okay?" Gray asks her.
"Yep, my brother is just an annoying and irritated teenager." She tells him.
"What did you say about a talent thing?" Sam questions curiously.

Without thinking she tells them, "My friends signed me up to sing at some talent show thing at Maeve's Diner and I don't want to do it."

"Because you can't sing?" Zach asks her and she stares at him.

"I sing fine, I just don't want to do it."

"We're totally going now." Sam informs.

Lola frowns, "You suck."

^^^^^^^^^

A/N:Wow, it's another chapter