Chapter Seven

I heard them before I saw them. The two deep distinct voices compelling me forward, but I dared not move. They were a distance ahead of me, their backs to me, allowing me to be hidden from their view.

"Lucian, they will show."

"They should have arrived by now. We risk exposure even being here."

 "I fear that is why they chose this venue. They insisted on a public place, for safety measures."

"Marcus, even this will not guarantee them from harm's way, my temper is growing rapidly. I do not think I will be able to contain it if they---."

Then they stopped all together.

 "Someone is listening. We are not alone."

Oh no. I felt my heart stop. I immediately turned around, foolishly bumping into a mirror, which now displayed a very frightened Lilly Stone. I instantly felt a presence behind me, but the mirror revealed no one. I slowly turned around and gasped.

It was him.

I felt the blood drain from my face and my eyes widen as I stood nearly inches from the very being I had insisted was a figment of my insanity two minutes ago. Something about my look of recognition angered—no confused him; his eyebrows furrowing over his fierce, gray eyes.

"You remember me, impossible."

I didn't know how to react. 'Oh' was my only response. Then when the gravity of his words sunk in I tried to act as if he were mistaken.

I shook my head weakly, "No."

I heard the other voice come from behind him, "Her eyes are dilated Lucian, so either she is attracted to you or she recognizes you."

I blushed deeply.

"I know what it means. Leave me Marcus."

So his name was Lucian...I had no recollection of the name from Beth's talks.

The one named Marcus had golden hair and eyes to match. He sniffed the air, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"She is the one from last night. She is laced in your scent. Make her forget, before the others arrive."

Lucian turned to face him, and after a silent exchange the golden haired one named Marcus left.

I could hear the couple that had entered behind me earlier coming closer. So did he, for the next second I was pulled deeper within the endless mirror house, my back pressed against a tall rectangular mirror.

I suddenly became fearful of my decision to follow in the first place. "He's mistaken," I suddenly began, "I never saw you in my life."

 "Stay still," he whispered, his eyes silencing me.

I tried to look away but couldn't. I was mesmerized, quickly becoming lost in the beauty of the gray diamonds. His expression intensified as he began to whisper the same unfamiliar words from yesterday. As he spoke, I felt every inch of me warm, until the heat seemed to radiate from within me. Then he stopped.

I waited for something to happen. My eyes still joined with his. Was that supposed to have made me forget him? The idea was laughable.

I blushed.

His expression turned curious, "Do you know me?"

I broke my gaze instantly, staring at my reflection in a mirror opposite me, one that made me resemble a dwarf.

"No."

I felt him smile; I could physically feel it. I looked up to see straight white teeth peeking through his grin. He was breathtaking.