“If he has loose screws then Coach Peters must be missing pieces.”

Dad laughs, “I agree with you there sweetheart.” Drinking his coffee his phone rings.  “Aconite.” He answers as he sits his mug down.

I never could understand why cops answered saying their last name first.

“Yes, Jeff called me this morning. So it’s still unknown?” running his free hand down his face, he pinches the bridge of his nose, “No, no. Send someone back to the scene, send Marks. Okay then what about Parker?”

As my dad talked on the phone I unlocked mine as  I sent a message to Harry.

Hey, I know this is random but I was just wondering did you make it home okay?

Something in my gut told me that he was safe in sound at home, but considering how he was out on Rodeo Drive last night by himself I just wanted to make sure that he was okay. Turning around, I refilled his coffee cup, screwed on the top as I slid his lunch and keys in front of him.

Looking at the stuff dad smiles as he mouths, “I love you.”

“Love you too. Good luck.” I mouthed back.

Grabbing his things he begins barking orders into his phone as he walks outside.

Picking up my coffee I headed upstairs and went into my room. Daniel left at about 7am to play some new game that came out with Marcus and Mom was doing OT at the hospital so I had the house to myself. Sitting my backpack on my bed, I sat next to it and looked at the clock.

9:32am.

“Let’s see how long it takes me to finish this.” I said to myself. Opening up my laptop, I put my earphones as I play music to start my homework, which started with Math.

 ---------------------------

20 workbook pages, 2 essays, a book report, a small math packet, 9 cd’s, 2 bags of chips, a bowl of fruit, 4 cups of coffee, 20 bottles of waters later, and more than a dozen trips to the bathroom, I finished all my homework for the week and a few assignments that lead into the following week. Sometimes being in AP classes suck, but it gave me something to do. Taking my earphones out I pushed my work aside as I went to stretch and to look at the clock.

4:20pm

Glancing at my phone Harry hadn’t replied so turning off my music I sat it aside, lying back on my bed as I closed my eyes. I could feel myself drifting off to sleep, but it wasn’t until I was half way asleep when I noticed something wasn’t right.

------------------------- 

My eyes snapped opened almost automatically at the sounds of the screams.

“Help me! Please help me!”

The smell of smoke almost froze me to where I stood. Screams filled the air and for a second I thought it was my own voice. Looking down and around I realized that I was dreaming, but it wasn’t my dream. The screaming continued and seemed to grow louder and before I could stop my feet were moving. I couldn’t stop. It was like my feet had a mind of its own, I couldn’t stop. Walking along a path, I didn’t know where I was, but I knew for sure, it was somewhere I shouldn’t be.  

The screams grew louder and louder as I got closer to the end of the path. Forcing myself to stop I covered my mouth as a scream struggled to break out.

There in front of me stood a crowd mixed with women and men. They stood surrounding a girl tied to a wooden pole. She wore a dirty white dress that flowed past her feet as her hands were tied above her head. Moving her head back in forth her dark waves covered her face as she screams again, “Help me! Please someone help me!”