t w e n t y t w o

Kenny

"Daddy." Paisley murmured, clutching onto my sleeve. I froze and glanced at my little princess.

She lowered her eyes and squeezed the blanket in her hand with distress. I automatically cradled her into my arms like I did when she was just a small infant.

"I know you're always busy with baby Red but I can't go to sleep without telling you this, daddy."

I nodded stroking her soft golden locks, a bit confused and slightly curious.

Her usual cheerful attitude has been absent the entire day now that I think about it.

It wasn't until now that I realized how much something was bothering her. God, how clueless I am to my own pup.

"What is it Paisley?" I asked urgently when she did not speak. Her droopy grey eyes spoke volumes of fear.

"I saw a man with red eyes in the bushes earlier." She says snuggling her small face into the crook of my neck with panic. "And I felt like I had to meet him for some reason, daddy."

"Huh?" I stammered, questioning what the hell I just heard. My baby girl saw a random man in our backyard? The thought made me shudder. "You saw a man?"

She nodded, warm tears slid down my neck as I proceeded to rock her back and forth.

"He won't hurt you, paisley, I promise." I vowed to her, rubbing her back in comfort.

Just when I thought all this was over, it comes back to bite me in the ass. I just hope my children don't wander into danger's arms.

"Promise?" She croaked.

"I promise" Was I really going to keep it?

"Kenny, spill it." Pharrah ordered. She noticed my unease the second I walked into our bedroom.

I knew I had to tell her sometime so I told her. Her face switched to complete horror, a look I hated. I hugged Pharrah tightly, scared it would be our last touch.

"Baby, I'll get Silas to come back and he will help monitor the situation. We will not be in danger again. Not this time. I have all of you by my side and I won't let anything happen."

She let out a sigh and nodded whilst laying down on the large King sized bed. I followed her actions and cuddled next to her.

"Are we safe tonight?" She asked suddenly.

I couldn't answer her.