f o u r

Pharrah

"I told you stay indoors." Kenny muttered following beside me now fully healed and as bitter as normal.

I rolled my eyes, linking our arms together. He flinched pushing me away.

I sighed following him inside the mansion. "We can't be mates unless we touch. Quit being a baby." I grumbled escaping to the kitchen.

His warm hands capturing my elbow caught me off guard. The fire igniting from his touch had me flushed in the face.

I have never felt this way before. I wonder has he?

"Pharrah, you don't know me nor do I want you to. I think you need to leave."

His words hurt me for a millionth of a second but I instead smiled pushing it off to the side.

"Kenny, if you need to, please, go make some coffee. That'll cheer you up."

He sighed deeply frustrated as he left the room. My smile faltered as I began to take off a shirt one of the pack members gave me. Kenny didn't want to give me his. His own mate.

This task is a lot more harder than I thought.

Kenny

Tossing in my bed, I stared off at the moon leaking from the window causing a familiar ache to stir. Strangely it didn't hurt as much.

Why does a crazy, strange, inappropriately beautiful, and annoyingly cute girl have to come into my life and destroy the thick walls I built due to Carrie's death? I want to know.

It just doesn't seem fair. All I wanted was Carrie. I don't want to trade her in for pharrah.

But there is one thing I can't ignore. Pharrah did save my life and therefore I owe her something. And I don't like to owe no one nothing.

Turning over again, did I finally close my eyes basking in the sweet bliss of darkness.

I groggily opened my eyes, rolling out of bed. Slouching over to the door did I hear loud noises escalate from the kitchen.

I frowned opening the door and approached the chaos.

Pharrah stood tickling a small infant girl who giggled in her arms. I froze at the sight. Wow. Pharrah looks so beautiful in the tint morning light with a child in her arms.

I snapped out of it when Hudson smacked his arms on my shoulder.

"Looks like you finally got back on the wagon, man. Never thought you had it in ya."

I growled at his words heading towards the cabinet.

"Hey, not today. You are having breakfast with us." Hudson motioned towards his brunette mate who cooed his daughter, Sky. I sighed reluctantly putting back the Oreos.

This is gonna be a long morning.

I covered up my face with a menu as Pharrah kept making faces at Sky who practically worshipped pharrah now.

The scene of her with me was embarrassing but at the same time I enjoyed the way her face would light up when the baby would pull at her hair or poke her eyeball out.

Hudson wiggled his eyebrows as he stared back and forth at the both of us. I rolled my eyes looking at the menu. Whatever floats his boat.

"How may I help you?" A young waitress appeared at our table clicking her pen.

After everyone ordered except pharrah, I looked to her waiting for her to speak. She smiled dazzlingly which had me wrapped around her finger in secret.

"I would like everything please." Hudson almost choked on his water as his mate, Celia, smirked.

My eyes bulged at the bill coming her way. No way am I paying for that.

I couldn't contain my amusement as she stuffed food after food in her mouth. Plate after plate. I thought she was about to explode but then I noted she still had no belly. She was like a bottomless pit.

I disguised my reaction as I picked up a fork gracefully piling scrambled eggs to my lips.

She then dropped her fork, loudly screeching her chair back, creating a scene. I sank more and more into the uncomfortable plastic covering my eyes.

On our way back home. Celia kept ranting on and on about a fair that she supposedly heard about. Upon seeing interest in pharrah's eyes I immediately shook my head.

"No."