Chapter 6: Her

It's been an hour since I got here at school. Aside from the fact that I don't want to be late anymore and take another detention and I've been skipping classes lately, I want to get inside the school with Calum. I know I could get in there without him, but yeah, he's my boyfriend already, right? And we're pretending so this has to be a part of it too. We should always come to school and our classes together. I know this sounds so stupid, and sometimes I regret offering him to pretend to be my boyfriend for a month. I couldn't stand people like him. Popular and shit, just no. But he's the one who was in there two nights ago. I have no choice but to come to him and kiss him like he really is my boyfriend. I just want to get rid of that Chris guy. He doesn't look good to me. If I could only beat him up on my own, I wouldn't be in this situation. But unfortunately, I could not. He's one heck of a monster. He can eat me up or crash me in a matter of seconds. Or worse, get into my pants. 

I stood awkwardly at the entrance, looking at my shoes. It's almost 8 and Calum's still not coming. I wish I could text him or call him up, but I don't have his number. So the only thing I have for now is to wait, or maybe I should get going because he might not show up. Popular people are stupid. And unreliable.

15 minutes before 8, my eyes lit up as I saw Calum coming closer, with 3 other guys following him. I have heard they're a band, but I haven't heard their music yet. I got curious. Are they a post-hardcore band or a punk rock band? They are all obviously trying to look punk rock and it makes me laugh. There's this guy who has a pink hair, and it's kind of fading already. He's wearing a Rolling Stones shirt with black skinny jeans and black boots. I want to tell him he should try harder, but apparently he's my "boyfriend's" friend and that means I should be nice to him. I just hope Calum didn't tell them about our pretending-relationship plan. I don't trust anyone, even Calum. So yes, this would probably just stay between the two of us, and after a month this would all be over. We could go back to our usual lives and forget each other. I'm not really interested about him, and I guess he's not close on being interested with me too. This will all be gone in a month, and I hope that Chris would stay the fuck away from me already.

I was expecting for Calum to just walk past me and we'd forget about the deal, be he did not. Instead, he removed his sunnies and flashed a smile at me and took my hand. I was in total disbelief, and even his friends too. So I guess they don't know anything yet? Thank goodness.

"What the hell are you doing?" I whispered, trying hard not to be heard by the bunch people behind us. Calum is basically holding my hand, and we're almost inside the campus. People keep on staring. I hate this.

"I thought we have a deal?" He replied, just smiling at me. Why does he look so happy about this? This isn't even fun.

"You're the one who asked me for this thing and now you're acting like an innocent woman." He added.

I tried to stay calm. I don't know why but I kind of want to punch him on the face.

"I was just surprised by the way you acted." I said, biting my lip. Why the hell am I getting nervous?

Calum dragged me into somewhere that no one is around. We stopped there and he let go of my hand. 

"Okay so that was, I think, the second time I acted like your boyfriend." He reacted as if my hands were dirty.

"Why are you so scared of me?" I asked. 

"I'm not." He licked his lips. "Well to keep this thing going, I have come up with some things we should agree about. You know, to be fair." He continued with a grin.

I fucking hate it when he does that.

"What things then?" I asked, hoping for him to notice that I'm getting annoyed already. It's almost 8 and we're here at the back of the campus talking shit. I swear I'll get another detention for being late again.

"You'll do whatever I tell you to do." He answered.

"What the hell?" is all I can manage to say.

"I mean, this is a tough thing to do, you know? I'm gonna act like your boyfriend for a month. Therefore you should do things for me too, and not just have fun on the free kisses and hugs I give you. You're already having too much actually." He stated.

Can someone bring me a trash can? I want to throw up.

"Seriously? If you think I'm doing this because I just want to make out with you, then it's over. I don't want to get stuck anywhere with your big head. Get over yourself Calum. Do I always have to remind you that I don't like you? And there's no way that's gonna happen so shut up!" I exclaimed at his face and turned around. 

"Wait!" He took a grip of my arm.

"What now?" I can probably say I'm angry by now.

"Look," He sighed "I'm sorry, okay. Well I just want you to be fair, ya know?" He smiled again. 

Why the hell does he have to pull that out at times like this?

"Can you fucking stop that?" I shouted.

He got shocked. "St-stop what?"

"That! That smiling thing! You think you can make me fall for that? Stop it and just get over yourself, for fuck's sake!" 

Why the hell do I have to say that though?

"Uhm, I'm not doing anything? Is it illegal to smile now?" He smiled again. I want to kick his face but I just ignored it. 

"So what the hell were you saying?" I said, trying to get back from the subject.

"Right." He gestured me to follow him at the bench and took a sit. "Okay so yeah. As I was saying, I want you to be fair. From now on, you'll have to pay for my lunch. And whenever I need to finish a homework, you'll fini-"

And before he could finish it, I cut him off. 

"Homework? Dude I never even work on mine and you'll ask me to finish yours? Not gonna happen." I pointed out, rolling my eyes.

"Well then I'll stop pretending to be your boyfriend?" 

He's getting into my nerves. 

I let out a deep sigh. "I'll see what I can do about it. Now keep going."

And he smiled again. Damn.

"You'll finish my home works, you'll pay for my lunch, and you'll buy me food everyday after school. And if ever I needed something, anything, I'll ask for it to you. So are we clear now?" He finished. He's being such a great pain in the ass. I just rolled my eyes. 

"No." 

"Kristen, I'm serious."

It feels different to hear my name being said by someone. It's weird, I know. But because of the fact that I don't have any friends, I barely get called by my name. I'm known for the name "freak show" or "the blonde with the pink dip dye bitch". This somehow made me smile. Somehow.

"Okay" I sighed, he smiled. "But of course, you have to do your part too. As much as I don't want to get near you, you have to act like my boyfriend. And by boyfriend, I mean... you know." 

He chuckled. "Yeah, I got it. So, deal?"

"Deal." 

He offered his hand like a stupid prince on the movies and I just grabbed it and laughed at his gestures. When we got back inside the campus, the corridors are still flooded with students. My heart started racing. This is what I don't want to happen. To be seen with Calum. He put his arms around my neck and kissed my head. I suddenly heard a crying girl behind us. Holy shit. Every one is staring. Girls are glaring at me. I'm telling you if stares could kill, I'd probably be dead by now. This is really uncomfortable. 

"You'll get used to it." Calum whispered.

I tried to stay calm and look happy. I smiled and took a hold of his hand on my arm while we walk to his locker. He took all his stuffs and put his arms around me again to walk with me on my locker. When I got all my things, the bell rang and I let out sigh, relieved that I'm not going to be late for today. 

As much as I expected Calum to just leave me alone after the bell rang, he looked seductively at me and and smiled. As he got closer, I found myself pressed into my locker, not knowing what to do or what to say. 

And before I could say anything, he leaned in to give me a kiss on the lips. 

It was unexpected. I know things like this would happen to us but I was not expecting for it to happen right now. I mean what's the point of it? Chris Meathers is not around. Who are we pretending for?

Right. Everyone. 

He pulled away, leaving me in total disbelief. I tried to hide it with a smile. He smiled at me too, kissed my nose and pinched my cheeks.

He's doing too much.

"See you later, baby!" He shouted as he walk off. 

I walked as fast as I can to my first class with all this people from the corridor staring at me. I don't even get why but I think I'm blushing too much right now. Did that really caught their attention?

Well yeah, it probably did. 

The popular guy kissing the freak. Isn't that shocking?

But why does he have to kiss me already? 

This is just the first day of our fake relationship and I want to quit already.