You Hate Hybrids

Começar do início

"I didn't want to ruin the friendship we had. I thought that if I told you, you would hate me, just like my mate does." Jace said, picking at the grass.

"I would never hate you. You're my best friend, Jace. And Lacey didn't know. She regrets it, I can tell she does. Do you forgive her, that is the question." I answered.

"I do because it was my fault. I should've told you and not walked away every time we had a conversation about hybrids." Jace muttered, "But I couldn't deal with Lacey saying that she hated them. Every time she did, it was like a knife repeatedly stabbing my heart"

We sat in silence, none of us having anything to say. I still cant believe it. I thought I knew my best friends but I clearly didn't. This means that if Jace ever blacked out like Mason did, we would have to kill him. Once hyrbid's black out, there's no turning back unless their mate marks or re-marks them, which could also kill them. And since females don't usually mark their mate's because its the male's job, it can be twice as dangerous and could have long term effects.

It explains the reason why Jace was always so calm around people who wanted to fight him. I always thought that it was because he had a knack for annoying people like that and was always so collected, but it was because he didn't want to black out and destroy the people around them.

A painful howl suddenly pierced through the air. "Lacey." Jace growled, shooting up from his sitting area. He sprinted into the woods, Mason and I hot on his tail before shifting. I could see Jace's snout sniffing around, locating his mate.

We came to a clearing, seeing Lacey in the middle of a battle between five rouges. Growling, I barrelled into a light grey one, his fur had been painted with dried blood, a nasty scar running down his face and his angry snarling teeth bared at me. Hunching, I waited for his attack, covering all my mistakes. He suddenly charged, making me meet him head on. He was stronger than I expected and my body was being pushed backwards by his strong form.

'Careful, these are seniors!' I told the rest of my group, growling at the wolf who threatened me.

 Senior wolves and vampires are the strongest and hardest to kill. They've been alive for many generations and hold skills many of us don't even know about.

I ducked under his teeth, snapping my canines at his front foot, gripping it tightly in my snout. Snarling, he shook away, slamming his body against mine. I whined from the crack that echoed around my body, a soaring pain starting on my ribs. I growled, letting Raven freedom, trying to block the pain for her to fight.

Wolf Control

I snapped towards him, using Nano speed to grip his neck, lengthening our claws in his chest. He whined, his body weakening above the blood that had dripped to the ground. I dragged my claws down his face, watching his pathetic wolf struggle to get free before I clamped down, breaking his neck.

Looking over to my friends, I saw Mason tackling a brown wolf who was nearly the same height as him. They were up on their hind legs, snapping and clawing at each other before Mason decoyed and slapped his claws against the wolf's stomach, making him bowel over, allowing Mason time to sink his canines into his neck, successfully killing his prey.

I growled lowly, glaring at the hazel wolf who tried sneaking up on me. His eyes darkened, leaping up. I jumped as well, but not high enough as his body landed over me, crushing my ribs even more. He stood over me, growling down as he bared his teeth. I reached forward to snap at his snout, but whined as his paw slammed down on my ribs. Again with the ribs!

Mason growled louder, barrelling into him. Oh shit. My mates fur stuck on end, telling me that the bad side had come out. I watched as they rolled around, almost too fast for my eyes to keep up with them. Their growling and snapping echoed around the clearing until Mason knocked the wolf into a tree, branches toppling from their trunk. He growled at the wolf, anger evident, before he snapped down on his neck, tearing the flesh from his body.

Shifting, I limped towards my mate, attempting to calm him. His wolf turned to me, his dark eyes watching as I winced at every movement. Reaching up, my hand scratched behind his left ear. Mason froze before slumping down on the ground... purring?

"Look what I've found." I chuckled, itching his ear even more, making him purr louder. He just slumped there, one of his legs out beside him that looked really uncomfortable but he didn't seem to care as he continued to purr and lie on the ground in satisfaction.

'S-Stop it.' He stuttered though the link, but I chuckled, continuing, 'Rae' he said with more force. I stopped, smirking down at him. Look's like the Alpha had a dark little secret he didn't want anyone to know about. Growling, his nose went to my shirt, attempting to lift it before I stopped him. I know he wants to she the damage but it fine.

"It's fine." I muttered. Mason huffed before shifting into human form, glaring at me.

"Let. Me. See."

I sighed, lifting up my shirt to reveal the dark blue bruise that was forming on my right side. The bandages where still on my hands and wrists, looks like the theory of them staying on through shifting is true.

Looking over, I saw Lacey and Jace sat by a tree. Lacey had small but painful looking bruises on her face, arms and legs, which Jace trailed a hand over, attempting to sooth them. I couldn't work out what they were saying, but I knew it was good because they both had hope and love in their eye. Lacey laid her head against Jace, a few tears slipping from her eyes.

Turning away, I watched as Mason reached out to poke the bruise on my stomach, making me hiss and punch his chest hard.

"Hm, yep, fine." Mason rolled his eyes before picking me up. I winced at the pain, hiding my tears as I buried my head into his chest. "I think we'll go home and rearrange the talk with Alpha Damien some other time."

Nodding, I fell limp in my mates arms, closing my eyes from exhaustion because of the black out. "Go to sleep, baby."

My heart skipped a beat. Who knew a single word could do so much?