Chapter 17: Questions and Answers

I wake up. I turn over to look at the clock. It's 11:00 AM. I sit up in my bed and grab my glasses off my bed side table. I get out of bed and throw my hair into a pony tail. After i go to the bathroom and wash my face i grab my phone and head downstairs.

"Morning, Kate!" My mom says. She hands me a cereal bowl, a spoon, and a box of cereal.

"Morning mom" i say while pouring the cereal. I head over to the couch. My mom follows and she starts a conversation.

"So, i heard you had a friend. Harry."

I almost choked on my cereal. You see... i told her about the bullying and depression i've had. I sort of kept Harry out of it all. I didn't want her knowing simply because i didn't know if he'd actually stick around. So far he hasn't... so what is the point?

I sit down my bowl and look at her. "Where did you here that?"

"The principal told me everything. The principal pulled harry to the office and they talked everything over then called me. she explained everything else. Harry stood up for you in front of the entire school? How come you never told me?"

"because Mom! you're my mother! I can't just talk to you about some stuff. It's personal." i say. i finish my cereal and put it in the sink.

"Well, i'm here for you. i made you after all."

"ugh mom... i know, im sorry, i will tell you everything from now on." yeah, right. over my dead body. my life is personal, like my journal, and im keeping it this way.

i walk upstairs and go to my room. i sit on my bed and look around thinking of something to do. then, Harry's journal caught my eye. i walk up to it and grab it then sit in my desk chair. should i read it?

"my journal is personal, and im keeping it that way!" my mind tells me. but, this will tell me everything! the key to understand why Harry acts the way he does is right here! i do a game of eanie meanie minie moe and open the book.

all my questions will become answers soon.