Basti x Iris

"If only they knew..." Iris huffs as she slumps into the mini bar stool, Basti follows suit.

"What?" Basti gives her that kilo-watt smile as he place their orders to the bartender.

"Kung alam lang ng mga babaeng 'to na bakla ka." Iris says with a bit of irritation. Why is she even irritated in the first place? She doesn't know either. Maybe she doesn't like the attention or maybe she doesn't like how these girls look at her from head to toe as if asking why she is in the company of a Greek art. She hates it.

"Anong babae?" Basti asks Iris in return. Their beers arrive and were placed in front of them.

"These girls? Don't you notice it? Kanina pa lang sa simbahan panay na ang pagpapacute nila sa'yo. Hindi mo ba talaga napapansin?" Iris asks and takes the first gulp from her bottle of beer.

Basti smiles and just looks at her.

How can he even notice other girls?

"Huy!" Iris snaps her fingers in front of him. "Okay ka lang ba diyan?"

"Y-yeah. I was just ---" even Basti doesn't know how to end his sentence.

"What? May gwapo ba sa likod ko?" Iris turns around to check and Basti takes the opportunity to let the alcohol in his system. He doesn't know that his little lie will let him in such mayhem.

"Hey, Basti." Iris turns around when another feminine voice calls out Basti's name. "Are you enjoying the party?" the girl in rose gold gown asks Basti. Iris just rolls her eyes and drinks her beer again. What's wrong with her?

Iris has been in a bad mood since the morning. She thought she has gotten used to it but every wedding she and Basti work in, it makes her feel the same. Irritated, frustrated, and she just want to end the day right away.

Today's wedding is no different. It's very intimate, Iris likes it very much. But from the moment they arrived at the church, everyone just starts to be all over Basti and it drives Iris to the edge.

Of course, Basti is a ray of sunshine that it is just so impossible to not notice such wonderful creature created by God. Every groom should be thankful that 'dapper' isn't exactly Basti's style or else, everyone would just be looking at him.

Scratch that, he can wear the most hideous clothes and still be worthy to be on the cover of a magazine.

Why is she always feeling like this? She asks herself often.

It's probably because these girls looking pathetic trying to catch the attention of a guy. They always give him a sly smile when he is just there trying to get a decent picture and video for the wedding. If only they knew that Basti might be trying to catch the attention of some guy, too.

Ugh. Iris somehow feels pathetic, too.

"IRIS!" Iris turns her head to Basti who is now finishing his bottle of beer. No girl in sight. Poor, poor, bridesmaid.

Iris raises one of her brows.

"I've been calling you for three times. Are you, okay?" Basti asks her.

"Ah, oo. Pagod lang siguro." Iris tells him.

Basti chuckles, "Lola Iris talaga o."

"Mukha mo." Iris says under her breath. "Bakit ba?"

"Let's dance." Iris didn't have a chance to say no because Basti is already dragging her to the dance floor.

"Basti, ayoko sumayaw." Iris tries to push him away but Basti already has her enveloped in his arms.

"There's nothing you can do." Basti pushes her a little and let his hands settle on her waist. Iris' hands automatically slide to Basti's shoulders. Basti takes the lead as they slowdance.

"I love this song." Basti whispers to Iris as he looks down on her.

"Why?" Iris asks.

Basti let out a soft laugh, "I honestly don't know why." He tells her the truth. In all honesty, he just loves the moment they are in. Iris just smiles as she takes in the sound of his laugh.

They just look at each other's eyes and live in the moment.

Basti forgets to act like gay.

Iris ignores everything else.

They just stay here on the dancefloor, swaying to the mellow music.

Basti lowers his head to touch Iris' forehead. He lets his right hand shift to the range of her neck. She slightly shivers at the contact of his hand to her bare skin.

"You look really beautiful tonight." Basti smiles, his eyes never leaving hers. She doesn't reply, no words can escape her mouth. She just smiles instead and that is enough for Basti.

He returns the smile and now cups her face, their bodies inches apart. Their breaths fanning each other's face.

Then people started giving short screams as the room was filled with darkness. The only light in the room were from the smartphones being used at the moment.

But for Basti and Iris, there was only silence and they can perfectly see each other's eyes - even in the dark.

Basti moves first and touch his lips to hers.

People around them shuffle while the others just kept slow dancing.

Iris presses her lips closer to his as she closes her eyes.

Then there was light. The power comes back on. Basti and Iris separate, their eyes opening slowly.

They stare into each other's eyes. Both questioning, both confused, both wanting more. There was little chaos around but for Basti and Iris the whole place is wrapped in silence. They can only hear one thing.

TUG. DUG.

TUG. DUG.