James x Nadine: Girl to Hate [Part 2]

Bad idea.

Bad, bad, idea.

Yun lamang ang tanging naisip ni Nadine habang nakaupo siya sa minibar sa penthouse ng isang hotel. James decided that it is the best place to celebrate Bret's birthday.

Naisip ni Nadine na sana nagbackout na siya nung sinabi ni Yassi at Andre na hindi sila makakasama dahil sobrang pagod na sila from their out of town show. She just got off the phone with Yassi when James entered the tent again. Ready na si Nadine to back out but when she saw the look on his face, the smile, the enthusiasm in his eyes, she just couldn't say no. Kaya when he said, 'Let's go', hindi na siya nakatanggi.

Bad idea talaga ang pagpunta sa birthday ni Bret.

Hindi naman siya left out. James' friends are very accomodating. People are talking to her once in a while. Nadine laughed when a couple of his friends said they hated her character in the show and knowing that last taping na niya means na mawawala na ang character niya. One of his friends raised a toast para sa character niya na mawawala na.

Bret has talked to her thrice already. Umiikot din kasi ito around the penthouse to talk to people but ends up on the couch to talk to his closest friends. Bret is cool, Nadine concluded. Magaan ang loob niya dito and it wasn't so hard to talk to him. He always smiles kasi. He was very warm and would ask her always if she's having fun or if she needed more booze. Tumango na lamang siya.

Bihira lang nasa tabi ni Nadine si James. She felt a bit disappointed. Ano nga ba kasi ang iniisip niya? That James would be by her side as if she's his latest conquest. She shook her head. Nababaliw na ba siya? James was just being kind.

Very kind with the Charriol as well.

Nadine drew the bottle of beer closer to her mouth as she tried her best not to look at her right, the corner of the room specifically. James has his hands on one girl as the girl has her lips close to his ear.Nadine felt something at the pit of her stomach. Lasing na ba siya? Ano ba naman ang kinagulat niya? She has heard things about James pero siguro...seeing it with her own eyes did something on her. She roamed her eyes on the girl. Yes, definitely his type. May type nga ba si James? Gustong matawa ni Nadine.

'He'll just get into your pants.'

Nakalimutan na ba niya ang mga warning sa kanya?

Well, they could all breathe now. Looks like getting into her pants is the last thing on James Reid's mind.

She downed the liquid left in the bottle. It's past midnight already and Nadine felt like she should call it a night. Parang napagod kasi siya bigla.

She stood up and went to the middle of the room where James' squad was settled.

"Hey guys!" she smiled.

"Hey! Where have you been?" Ashley asked, almost tipsy.

"Sa minibar lang." she smiled. "Anyway--"

"Noooooo!" It was Q who interrupted her na parang alam na ang sasabihin niya.

"Noooooooo!" everyone followed making the room filled with their voices. Nadine laughed.

"Bret, pigilan mo siya!" It was Debbie who asked at napansin na lang ni Nadine na nasa tabi na pala niya si Bret.

"What?" Bret said habang may hawak itong bote ng beer.

"I need to go." Nadine pouted and Bret smiled.

"Whaaaat?" he said. "It's early. It's just past midnight!"

"Sorry! I really need to go. Medyo pagod na din kasi ako but I had fun! Happy Birthday, Bret!" Nadine said and Bret came in for a hug. Tumawa na lang si Nadine and it reverberated through Bret's body. Nadine pulled herself. Inisip niya na baka tipsy na si Bret. He's been drinking with everyone.