James x Nadine x Diego

I Wanna Write You A Song

"Stop it."

Nadine whispered to herself as she toyed with the straw in her glass of red tea. She risked another glance only to see him smiling to one of the three girls surrounding him.

"Stop it, Nadine." she said one more time, abruptly turning her head to her drink that wasn't touched that much.

Nadine closed her eyes, breathed in and out for three times as she calmed herself down from the the madness she was feeling.

It was madness, alright.

It has been thirty minutes since the members of The Bandwidth, a band where her boyfriend is the lead vocalist, had decided to go for drinks in the bar and mingle with the fans --- or girls to be exact. Nadine is at the bar counter, letting herself be accompanied by a non-alcoholic beverage.

The girls never bothered her before. Sure, her boyfriend had always been surrounded by a lot of them and she saw him flirt back more than a couple of times but it didn't bother her that much. The girls have never been an issue.

Until two weeks ago.

And for all the wrong reasons.

It was driving her into complete madness.

Why? Because The Bandwidth's drummer, the handsome, talented, quiet, snob, and ever so passionate with music - James had decided to start mingling (scratch that) - flirting with the girls. Something a James Reid was not accustomed to.

And Nadine wanted to slap herself for being this bothered.

She fumbled at her straw with one hand and used the other to lift the glass so she could sip from her drink and hoping it could cool her down.

She looked at her far right only to see Diego, The Bandwidth's vocalist and her boyfriend, have his arm around a girl as they take a selfie. Diego smiled at the girl in a cropped top and low-waisted black jeans.

Nadine exhaled. She was calm. She didn't feel anything. She felt safe. She...didn't care?

Then she turned her head 45 degrees from where Diego was standing.

A girl,whose chest was about to come out of her tiny red spaghetti-strapped top, just leaned on James and said something in his ear.

Nadine saw red.

Then James smirked as he drank from his bottle of beer.

Nadine turned her head and noticed how tight her grip on her glass was.

'Be still, my heart.'

It was insane on how she felt so much rage. Her heart was beating fast as if it would jump out of her chest any second, her lungs were caving in like trying to catch some scarce air.

'No,' she told herself. She wasn't supposed to feel this way. She has a boyfriend and James is very much single to mingle.

'No,' she said, shaking a tear almost ready to drop and roll on her cheeks.

"This is not happening." she loosened her grip on her glass.

"Hey, calm down." Nadine looked at the hand that settled on her right wrist. She looked up to see the owner of the voice. She cringed. It was the culprit who started this.

"This is all your fault." she said, anger evident in her voice.

"What did I do?" He feigned innocence as he settled on the stool next to her.

"I hate you, Bret." she said.

The bastard let out a hearty laugh.