James : Till I Met You (Soulmate AU)

Inis ako sa'yo.

Umalis ka rito.

Beastmode ako.

James' eyes travel from the mirror to the bicep of his right arm. He wince every time looks at the words written in white.

It is a mark – a mark that indicates the first words of one's soulmate to you. The fact that it is in white says that you haven't met the one yet. When both parties utter the words on each others' bodies, the words start turning black as if making the soulmate mark permanent.

Andre, James' bestfriend, laughs at James every time he gets a glimpse of James' mark. Andre always points out on how bad-ass his soulmate is going to be.

You get your mark as early as 13 and 16 as the latest. Andre and James got theirs at the age 13. Andre met his soulmate, Yassi, when they were both sixteen.

Excuse me.

Were the words written on Andre's back. James envies the guy because at least his soulmate's words were decent.

James has always thought of what words were written on his soulmate's body. James had always been polite, collected, and rational. He is confident that the words he would say to her are decent.

Sometimes he asks himself if he really wanted to meet his soulmate.

James pulls his longsleeve polo around his body. He thinks that the reason he keeps wearing longsleeves is so that people won't look at his mark. Or maybe to make Andre stop laughing everytime.

It was already past nine in the morning when James found himself lined up for his cup of coffee in the shop.

He took note of the person in front of him. Female, shorter than he is, clothed in a large navy blue hoodie. Her raven black hair in a loose bun with tiny hair clinging to the back of her neck. James can hear the music coming out of her headset plugged in her ears. So loud.

James swallowed a lump in his throat.

He noticed something fall from the bunch of things the girl was holding. He bent down to pick it up. He stood up straight and tapped the girls shoulder.

That's when it happened. And fast.

"Inis ako sa'yo! Umalis ka rito! Beastmode ako!" she shouted loudly that it should be. It scattered to the whole room. That wasn't even the worst part.

The iced coffee from her hand splashed all over James and he can just stare at his polo.

He lifted his face to look at the girl who just decided to go beastmode on him.

"Are you crazy?"

He looked at her, stunned.

Her eyes were dark brown, they have a nice shape. Her face was free of heavy make-up, strands of hair framed her face perfectly. Her eyes traveled down to his current state – drenched in cold coffee. James can barely feel it as he feels the heat on his right arm.

He came to the realization and remembered the words the girl had just uttered.

"It's you." James said offering a hand which contained the things the girl had dropped.

"I'm sorry." She said in return as she unplugged her earphones from her ears. "I'm sorry. I thought it was my annoying friend."

"I'm Nadine." She said as she struggles to reach out her hand and clutch her laptop and iPad in one arm. James noticed she has a nice smile.

"I'm James, I believe I am your soulmate."