James x Nadine

"Halikan mo nga ako." Nadine said casually while James almost dropped the controller from his hands.

They are currently inside James' game room like how a typical Saturday afternoon is. They would be playing video games non-stop and would rest by watching an action movie.

That's what James liked about Nadine, she is practically down with an a whole day of games and movies. She is not clingy and does not demand attention from him. It is so easy to get comfortable with her. No wonder their friendship lasted for years. The girl did not have any drama. Well, seems like one is brewing.

Nadine wanted to smack her head for saying something out loud. There's a part of her that wished the ground could swallow her yet the voice in her head said she should just get over it.

She's one lucky girl. Most people would say that for she is the closest girl to the charming, witty, and swim champion James. Most of the girls in her school had succumb to his royal hotness. They say she's the lucky one and people were amazed on how strong-willed she for not falling for the charms of James. If they only knew.

She doesn't know how it happened. One day she just woke up and she started seeing James in a different light. Sadly, she knows that he would never see her like that. She tried to conceal how she felt as he paraded girls in front of her. She acted as if it was nothing.

James switched from girl to girl for a reason that even him does not know. He was never contentef and always felt like something is missing in all of his so-called relationships. He ran to Nadine after break-ups and she would tell him how much of a douche he really is. He would just laugh it off. That's how it is with her, always laughter, always happiness.

"What?" James looked up to where Nadine is sitting for he is on the floor. "Did you just ask me to kiss you?" Nadine could not decipher if he was shocked, embarassed, or disgusted. She cringed but decided to go through with the hell that she started.

"Ang ibig kong sabihin, turuan mo ako humalik." Nadine explained and that earned a chuckle from James. He moved to sit on the couch where she is. "Kasi madami ka na nahalikan kaya for sure expert ka na dun." James brows meet in confusion.

"Why would you like to learn?" James smirked and if Nadine moved closer, she could punch the smug look on his face.

"Well," Nadine tried to come up with something brilliant to say. "there's this guy." she said sheepishly.

"Who?!" James jumped in and felt something heavy on his insides.

"Ummm...you don't know him." Nadine cursed at herself for saying foolish things.

"Naddie." James raise his eyebrow as if telling her that she's not buying it.

"It's Alex." It slipped before she can stop herself. "I want to kiss Alex." she said proudly and James could not explain his emotions for they came like a tidalwave.

"Since when did you like the guy?" James questioned and Nadine wished that he should just kiss her so that they could both move on fromthis craziness that she created.

"Recently lang." Nadine swallowed and she can feel the hotness all over her face. "Dami mo naman tanong. Okay lang kung ayaw mo." Nadine grabbed onto her controller. "Game na tayo."

"Game. I'll kiss you." James surprises himself. "Ayoko kasi mapahiya ka."

"Hindi, okay lang."

"Okay lang."

He's still a guy, alright. It's not like he hasn't thought of it before. It was not hard to let his imagination run when he sees her in those shorts she loves to wear or those skirts and body hugging dresses that surprises him every time. They may bond over guy stuff but he isn't blind to see that she is a girl. And now there's a guy. A guy she wants to kiss and the protective side of him starts to come out. That's what best friends are for, right?

He moved closer and leaned in. Their faces are only inches apart and they look at each other, look into each others eyes as if seeing each other for the first time. Nadine wanted to slap herself just to check if she is dreaming.

She closed her eyes in sync with his. His lips came in soft as if testing the waters. Nadine parted her lips slightly and tried to savor the moment. She felt tingles in her spine, her heart beating wildly as if it's going to come out of her chest. It felt like dying yet at the same timw feeling the life within.

James' hand held her head as he pressed his lips closer to hers. He could not explain what was happening. This is definitely a first in their five-year friendship. She's sweet and he can feel the nervousness by the way she kisses. When her lips parted, he started moving his lips and he could not explain they joy he is feeling when she does the same. Her hand on his shoulder, coming contact with his skin for he is in a sando. Suddenly it was as if he felt completeness.

They both didn't know how long it lasted. When they parted, they were both breathing heavily and looking at each other's eyes.

"Nadine." James is the first one to speak.

"Hmmmm?" she uttered for she was still in a daze.

"Don't kiss any other guy." he said.

"Yeah?" she said, still not in herself.

"You're mine now." James said and that earned a smile from Nadine.

"Ikaw?" she asked.

"I'm yours. All yours."

From that moment, their Saturdays were filled with video games, movies, and kisses.