James x Nadine [AU]: Breakfast

James never stays for breakfast. He always made sure he gets out of the girls' place before she wakes up and asks him for breakfast.

Today is no difference.

He slowly got out of bed as to not wake up the girl he met at a college party in a bar. He picked up his clothes on the floor and put them on. He went to the bathroom to wash his face and gargle some water. He looked in the mirror and fixed his hair with his fingers. Then he carried his shoes and slowly turned the knob hoping the door won't squeak to wake the girl sprawled on her own bed.

He closed the door successfully and stepped out of the room.

He was not prepared to see the sight after that.

As soon as he turned to head for the main door of condominum unit, he stopped.

A girl, whose back is on him, is standing in front of the stove cooking something. Hair her is in a bun and she is wearing a large black shirt that stopped a couple of inches below her ass. Her legs went on for days and James could not help but smile. He imagined what would it be liked having those long legs wrapped around his waist as he held her ass. He raked his fingers through his hair. Has he slept with the wrong roommate?

The girl wasn't able to hear him probably because of earphones in her ears. James can even hear the music blasting through it as she sing along with it. SHe has a nice voice, James concluded. He wondered how would it be like for her to say his name -- on a different circumstance.

Jamees sat on the couch as he put his shoes on. The girl continued cooking and and humming now as the song ended. James stood up and walked to the counter near where she cooks.

"I cooked breakfast, Jess! Then there's brewed coffee in the---" she turned around and James was able to support her hand holding a plate of pancakes. It seemed like she was about to drop it. James' hand supported her hand and automatically smiled as he saw her face.

She's pretty, even with brows knitted together because of confusion.

"Who the hell are you?" she fired, their hands overlapping each other under the plate.

"Uh, Hi." James turned on his charm."I'm James." he said and Nadine's brows furrowed even more.

"And who are you?" Nadine said, shaking her head, realizing where James' hand is. She shook it and placed the plate on the counter.

"I just said it, James. How about you?", he asked, still smiling and doing his best not to look at her whole physique.

"I mean, what are you doing here?", the girl asked.

"Uh.." James answered as he took a seat on a stool in the counter. "I'm Jess'...friend." he said, thankful that the girl had mentioned last night's company.

"Oh." the girl said as if coming into realization.

"Well, are you staying for breakfast? I cooked pancakes and bacons." she said and James noticed that she had a mellow talking voice.

James thought of it for a second whether to stay or not. The girl seems to be waiting for an answer.

"Of course." James said and smiled. The girl set the plate and gave him a mug for the coffee. She brought out some fresh milk from the fridge.

"I'm Nadine by the way." she said as she settle beside James.

"Nice to meet you, Nadine." he said, liking the sound of her name from his lips.

He stayed for a couple more hours talking to her.

The next time they had breakfast together, James didn't have to sneak out for they were at his place.

This time, he is the one who cooks for their breakfast.

And it happened more times after that.

A/N: Sorry guys, I'll leave this one here. I made this way before the others, probably after Triggered By London but never posted it. I'm posting it now because I'm having a hard time updating SOU and Girl to Hate. I planned on updating but then OTWOL teaser happened. I have so much feelings right now and I wish I could get over it sooner so I can give you an update soon. Hay. Pahid pahid din ng luha. :'(