Part 14

• Dedicated to Caleb C.

Part 14

"What are we going to do about Carson?"

"There's nothing we can really do."

I was sick and tired of this whole thing. Azrel, might be asleep but we shouldn't be discussing about her possible dead friend. "Can we please not talk about this now?"

Jace came over to were I sat next to Azrel's bed. "She'll be fine. Her strength is coming back."

"She wouldn't be in this situation if it wasn't for me!"

Henry and Wilson, who were having an argument in the room, shut up and came over to stand around her sleeping form. We all were wondering the same thing: will she be okay? Jace had filled them in on how important she was and they were worried now. I myself didn't know why she was that important to them, because for me, she was the world. Since I laid my eyes on her I knew she would always be in my heart, or what should be a warm and beating heart. Sure she had been stubborn and sort of mean at the beginning but that was understandable, she didn't believe in all the mythical world but now she does, and it's costing her.

I sighed. I want answers and if they won't tell me I will have to find them out on my own. It was one of the plus signs of being a Shadow, I get to have access to archives back in the mythical world. There has to be something in those files that will go into depth in the Children of the Star. Jace is holding back a lot from me and that means it can't be good. I'm no little child, anything that concerns Azrel should be taken by me first, Jace has to understand that!

When Azrel had passed out and her friend, Carson as I've been told, was taken by the grey werewolf we came to Jace's safe house or more like a mansion. I wasn't one to desire anything this luxurious, but looking at the mansion and then at Azrel, I desired for her to live like a princess should. She deserved that and more especially because I knew first hand how much she had suffered growing up alone. Also, her home is destroyed, I thought to myself, I've destroyed it, possible Jace can help me acquire one in legal terms. I don't wish to distress her more than she will be when she finds out about her friend.

The safe house held about ten rooms, not including a study room, and an art studio, twelve bathrooms, a pool in the back along with a nice garden, it also held an inside pool, a game room and a room full of working out equipment, the garage held tons of expensive mobile cars that I myself was not familiar with, the kitchen was giant and spotless, the dinning room and living room were beautifully decorated in a renaissance style. The place was secured by guards everywhere and, as Jace said, the mansion was concealed by witch magic that made it impossible for any mythical creature enter unless he or she was invited by Jace, himself.

For the moment that was what kept me on ease but deep down I knew we could never stay here forever. I'd love more then anything to be able to spend time here but it would be a matter of time before they figured out where we were and this majestic place would be destroyed. They are all naive to believe that it won't, that we will be safe in this place forever, once I can acquire a home for us I will take her with me and then we will have to be on the movie ever so often. We will not be able to take on all the demons, vampires, or werewolves as long as we fight but maybe we will if we run. It's not like I want to, but I have no other choice.

"Supper is being served, Snow," I looked over my shoulder and there stood a familiar face. I realized that everyone had disappeared some hours ago when I would neither more or respond. I wasn't aware of what time it was but the moon and stars were visible outside. "You have to eat."

"What time is it?" I stood up, turned to face the blonde person in front of me.

She smiled and joined me by the bed "it's eight. Everyone wanted to leave you here but you need to eat and enjoy company. I know her and she's strong."