Part 7

Part 7

Fired. Fired. Fired!

The word just kept ringing in my ear drums over and over like a bad record. I watched the whole room spin around making me weak in the knees. Don't break down! I can't be fired, how am I suppose to live? Jobs are not so easy to come by. What am I going to do now? Go and beg in the streets? That's to humiliating.

I ran out the back of the restaurant before anyone noticed I was going to break down. Once I made it outside I collapsed on the ground. I didn't cry, no instead I punched the wall that was on my right. It was collided causing a searing pain to shoot up my arm. I didn't care. I kept punching the wall. The anger had to leave one way or another. This was better than crying. At least this way I can't hurt anybody because I'm sure if I wasn't doing this some poor fella would be paying. That or I would drown myself in alcohol or worst, drugs and sex.

"Stop it, your hurting yourself!"

Snow appeared behind me stopping my fist from hitting the brick wall. My whole body was numb as he picked me up gently. One hand was holding my elbow while the other was cradling my injured fist. I was up on my two legs with him still holding be from behind.

"You can let me go now" I numbly said.

"Let me take you home."

"No!" i answered quickly "I don't want to go home."

"You need to go see a doctor" he persisted turning me around to face him.

"What I need is a drink!"

He glared "your underage and I won't allow it."

I shrugged away from him "your not my father, your not even family. All you are is a burden to me!"

Once the words were out I knew they where harsh. Mentally I slapped myself for even saying them. He's only trying to be nice. I just ruined our bonding time. By the looks of it he did not like what I said one bit. His fist clenched and his eyes darkened.

"No, I'm not your family because if I was I'd probably be dead!"

His word went right through my heart like a knife. My eyes widened but then turned to slits. "You fucking asshole" i sneered then spun and proceeded to leave.

He pulled me back by my injured arm, spun me, and pinned me to the wall with my injured hand over my head. My hand trembled from pain but I wasn't going to show him how much it pained me.. His eyes glared daggers at me as he spoke "where do you think your going?"

"Away from you" I glared back. "Now let me go!"

"Home is where your going. We have to figure out what we will do now that you have no job."

Shocked I stopped struggling to get free "you heard?"

His eyes and grip softened "you didn't actually think I was going to leave your side?" When I didn't respond he went on "You stupid girl. You have much to learn about this pact we have."

"What happened to the gentle and polite guy I met?"

"Your type doesn't answer well to that guy."

"And what type is that?"

He smirked for the first time and my breath was caught. He looked really good smirking. "Stubborn" he spoke wiping away any traces of his joking around "let's go home and tend to your hand."

Yeah right. I still wanted a drink "no" I shot back showing him stubborn.

Sighing he closed his eyes "fine. I gave you a chance."

Then I was falling. No, I was being engulfed in darkness. Desperately, I tried to hold on to Snow as we both were falling into nothing. Everything was dark, the rush of air blew my hair in my face seeing as we were falling backwards, well I was, Snow was holding me. The darkness was never ending. It was like being It felt like the first time I met him and we were up in the air, but darker and freezing.

It lasted a life time. Well at least it felt like that but in reality it had been only seconds. Seeing as I was breathless and shocked when we made it out of where ever we had gone, I fell. My back hit my carpet with a thump and then the body weight of Snow collapsed on top of me. That hurt, I thought. We both groaned where we had landed. Well that was a fun joy ride...not! I'm going to kill him! He could have given me a heads up before actually doing whatever freaky thing he just did!

"Snow" I tried to scream but it came out as a moan of pain instead.

He groaned and tried to get off me by grabbing a hold of the center table. He took hold of it too strong because it gave out, tilted and was falling right for my head. I didn't know he could be so strong. He didn't look very strong, I figured he had some sort of powers instead of strength. I guess I was wrong. My eyes widened as the tip aimed right for my forehead.

Snow grabbed me, muttered something, and then rolled me on top of him just as the table made contact with the carpet where I had been. I found myself lifting my head from his chest and staring at the stupid table that was now shattered. I actually like that table. I frowned seeing as I would have to buy a new one. Now I don't even have a job to get the money to buy a new one.

"Sorry."

His amethyst eyes where shield by his hair and the sudden urge to reach out and move his hair away from his face was strong. My hand reached up but was stopped. It was then that I realized for the first time that he was cradling my injured arm. His eyes never left my face as I watched how he held my bloody hand. It was so gentle as if he believed it was made of glass. He still had time to tend to my hand?

"You-" I was cut off from saying anything when the door banged open.

Both our attentions went to the main door. The door was wide open to show a very serious Keith in basketball shorts and a wife-beater. Chastity was behind him looking alarmed. Their eyes scanned the living room until they landed on me and Snow. They looked as surprised to see us as we were. It was quiet and awkward as we just stared at each other.

Not the best way to have them meet Snow for the first time. Something Snow had said before made me panic. He had not told me if he was invisible or not. Or how the invisibility thing worked. How would I know not to talk to him while invisible and people think I'm going crazy? What the heck, I'm already crazy if I let him stay in the first place. The normal or semi normal life I wanted crumbled along with all the hopes of remembering anything from my past. Now I had other things to worry about. Like the fact if I survive the mythical creatures out there or...die.

Keith glared at Snow telling me he could in fact see him. Chastity on the other hand grinned and gave me a wink. What the heck did she think was happening? What did they both think. I pondered for it a while before realization hit me. My eyes widened and I took in the position we both laid sprawled on the ground. My face heated at even the thought.

"What the hell is going on here?"