"Are you alright?" Maddison asked, as she came and sat down beside me.

"Yeah, sure"

"Gods Anna, you know better than to lie to your bestfriend!"

"Okay fine, but what do you want me to say Madds? I-I I am shocked and and I feel like crap because I couldn't fight back, I stood there and cried-cried until Jeremy came."

"Okay, you've got to be kidding me. Don't you see it? You must be blind then! YOU WERE THE HERO THERE, NOT JER. Woah, that rhymes. Oh, and no offence to you, Jer." Maddison replied.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. It’s a lot tougher in real life okay! Don't blame me!" He pouted.

Everyone in the room cracked up.

Now now, this world has to kinds of friends: friends who show pity and concern and friends who joke about everything but deep down care more than ever.

In a lot of books I have read, the girls who have gone through with rape cases and molestation and completely broke and don't know what to do with their life anymore? Its like they've lost a part of themselves. But me, I didn’t really have anything to loose, oh well except my virginity of course.

Seriously, you gotta stop with the sarcasm

Seriously, I gotta stop talking to myself.

When I say I have nothing to loose, it actually is true to quiet an extent. Mom and Dad, both are gone. I will NEVER see my parents again. People who think I'm over it are wrong. Hell, I will never be over the fact that I lost my parents. There is a huge hole in my life, and there is no filing to it, there will always be this emptiness in my heart, the lacking of my parents. It’s not easy, loss, it’s never easy. There are always just so many memories that you can't get away from, you never will. I'm not sad about that though, memories are good. I have good times spent with my mom. To be honest, I'm quite happy that she wasn't here to see what a mess I have made of myself and of my life. I won't be weak again.

You know they say, there is only so much you can loose. My parents are gone. Love of life gone. Okay, when listing down it feels very short and stupid but the two most important aspects of my life is missing.

"Anna earth to. What were you thinking?"

All eyes were on me.

"It’s nothing, well it is. But, all I want to say now is that I'm so, so, so grateful for having each one of you by my side. It means a lot. You guys are the most amazing friends I could ask for. If it weren't for you, I would have been sitting in some dark corner, crying my ass out and asking god to take me away. Well, at least that’s what I did consider my best option without you guys. I don't know how to thank you. All this - these gifts, they mean more than the world to me. Okay, that might be a little exaggeration but seriously, I love you guys!"

"Diana Summers, you say the sweetest and the weirdest things to us, but we love you too." Mason replied, laughing.

Everyone started laughing again.

And I was happy, I really was.

My life ahead would be hard, but not as much as it would seem. I have amazing people with me, to help me, guide me, advice me, tale care of me, and kick me in the butt if I do something wrong. I guess after a certain point you realize life is too short to wait. Don't be sad about your past, your history. Don't cry over yesterday’s bullshit. It doesn't matter. It does not. People change. You will never be the same person as you were when you were 5. You won't and it’s a fact. So why whine over things that are gone, things that you know you won't get back? I say, focus on now. Now is what matters. Don't even think about future, thats all crap too. I mean, you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow, but you know whats happening now, so deal with now, and think about tomorrow, tomorrow.