"Okay," Normani seemed to say to herself with a slight nod. Camila could practically see the cogs turning in the African-american's mind. Normani looked up – her determination and confidence once again asserting their newfound presence – and met with Camila's uneasy stare. "Let's go." Normani quickly grasped Camila's hand and dragged her along through the basement and up the stairs in what was close to a running pace.

Camila attempted to scan the crowd to locate those piercing green orbs that she so desperately wished would just magically manifest before her eyes. Much to her exasperation and dismay it was too difficult to locate ANY eyes with the rate that Normani was pulling her through the high density of bodies that crowded the house.

There were couples making out against the walls and random patches of vomit belonging to wasted twenty-somethings passed out nearby. They had to trod carefully around shattered glass bottles and keep their feet steady on the puddles of spilled drinks and the sticky floor. After many a stumble and trip and that one guy that tried to make several drunken passes at Normani, they eventually got to the top of the staircase on the first floor.

"Let's split up and try the rooms in either direction. If she's not here, we'll meet at the stairs. Give me you phone," Normani demanded, palm presented before the shorter girl. "We need to be able to contact one another."

Camila placed her phone in the taller girl's hand, and watched her fingers fly across the screen as she entered her number and messaged her own phone from Camila's. Less than a minute later, Camila had her phone back in her own hand. Before she could process anything else, Normani turned away, granting her a "Good luck." and was already pushing her way past a couple that seemed to be getting quite along a little too well.

***

One by one, Camila made her way into each room down the hallway. With every door her pulse would spike and breath would catch, only to find an empty room or someone other than Lauren doing lines or having sex. One couple even asked if she wanted to join their drunken sexcapade, which she quickly declined with a bashful blush.

Within minutes, she was back at the staircase waiting for Normani to return. Within the 30 seconds of the wait, some asshole decided it was cool to grab her from behind and smash his dry prune-like lips against her own. She pushed him away disgusted as he proceeded to shove his tongue down her throat.

After roughly shoving him away she glared at him, wiping her mouth and resisting the urge to spit any trace of him back into his face.

"Aww, come on babe, it's a party!" he slurred throwing a charming wink that she assumed was supposed to make her swoon. "We could always go and have some more fun in one of the other rooms, if you know what I mean." His eyebrows rose twice in a suggestive manner, his arms trapping her between him and the banister. Camila's stomach rolled uncomfortably and she fidgeted nervously under his gaze.

"I – uh, don't really–"

"I think what she is trying to say, is that she's not interested." Normani cut in, sliding her arm around Camila's waist and pulling her to her chest.

"Yeah she is!" he responded lecherously. His titillating arrogance seemed only to work only as a repellent, as Camila grew closer to snapping point. She was tired of men hitting on her, insulting her, harassing her and telling her who and what she should be; she had, had enough for one night.

"Babe?" Normani asked, turning to her and burying her face in her neck. Camila could feel the warmth radiating onto her skin, and couldn't help the pleasant shiver run through her body. She couldn't help but compare Normani's enjoyable cuddle to that of Lauren's. As comfortable as Normani felt, there was a large degree of awkwardness that simply wasn't present with Lauren. Normani's touch didn't ignite the unquenchable thirst for more and didn't set her body alight in a blazing wildfire.