Chapter 17

Chris' pov
I buttoned up my shirt and furrowed my brows as I walked downstairs, I could hear Candice and Tyler laughing in my living room. I know Candice said that Tyler was only her best friend, but I was still jealous, had they ever had a thing?

I was unsure about the way he looked at her, with so much admiration and love, would I have to fight for Candice's affections?

"You guys ready to go?" I asked as I entered the living room, Candice looked up at me and grinned. She nodded and stood up, she pulled the hem of her dress down and I couldn't help but admire how beautiful she looked in her black dress that clung to her top half perfectly, the lace sleeves decorated with intricate little patterns, the skirt poofed out a little at her hips, she looked amazing.

Seb intertwined his hand with Silja's as we walked out of the house and got into the car, I sat in the front with Candice while Tyler, Sebastian, and Silja sat in the back.

Candice pulled into the parking lot of the little Lounge, it was kind of like a club only quieter, and I offered her my arm as we walked into the Lounge, she gratefully hooked her arm with mine, her hand rested on my bicep and smiled at her, we quickly found a table and sat down. "I'll go get some drinks, Candy, can you come with me? I need to talk to you," Tyler said as he looked at Candice.

Candice furrowed her brows but nodded and slid out of the booth and they walked towards the bar together, I watched them as they walked away, I clenched my jaw and tried to calm myself down a little as the jealousy coursed through my body.

"You don't have to worry about anything, they're just friends, that's all they've ever been," I looked over at Sebastian who had one arm wrapped around Silja's shoulder while his other hand patted my shoulder.

"You sure? It's just the way he showed up and the way he looks at her. I don't know, I guess I just felt a little jealous," I muttered.

"They've been best friends for a couple of years, they're never going to be anything more than that. The only guy she's interested in is you," Sebastian replied.

"She's really interested in me?" I asked with raised eyebrows and a hopeful smile.

"Wow, the internet is right, you really are a meatball. Of course, she's interested in you, anyone can tell just from the way she looks at you. I've seen it first-hand, the way you guys just look at at each other, and talk to each other, the little touches here and there,even when you just sit in silence you're both stealing little glances at each other. Just ask her out, Chris. Tonight is the perfect opportunity to at least dance with her," Silja said softly.

I nodded at her words, "You're right. Thanks, guys," I said I sat back in my seat.

Candice's pov
I sat down on one of the barstools next to Tyler and waited until he ordered the drinks until I spoke to him. "So, what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked as his brown eyes connected with my blue ones and he smiled.

"Oh, yeah. What's going on with you and Evans?" he asked with a smirk.

I looked down at my hands that were folded in my lap, "Nothing's going on with me and Chris," I replied.

"Bullshit! When I got to set you had your head on his lap and he was stroking your hair. I've seen the way you look at each other, you can't tell me there's nothing going on. Come on, Candice, I'm your best friend," he said.

"I don't know what's going on, all I know is that I have these feelings for him and he makes me really happy, he makes me feel safe, like I can do anything," I replied as I ran my hands through my hair.

"Have you been on a date yet?"

"Yeah. We were supposed to go for dinner, but I ended up getting really bad cramps so he came over to mine and Seb's apartment and we ate pizza and watched movies, we even fell asleep together. Ty, I don't know what to do, I really really like him," I said as I helped him carry the drinks back to the table.

"Ask him on another date, tonight is your opportunity to at least have one dance with him. You two clearly like each other a lot, I've never seen you this happy, Candice. Just ask him," Tyler said as we sat back down. I sat next to Chris and Tyler sat opposite me.

"Ask who what?" Chris asked. I shook my head and took a large swig of my drink. I looked over at my brother and almost missed the look he shot at Chris.

I took another sip of my drink and looked over at Tyler who gave the same look that Sebastian had just given Chris, it was one of those looks that said 'Just ask him'.

Chris cleared his throat and I looked at him, "Uh, will you dance with me?" he asked in a shy voice.

"I'd like that," I replied, he smiled and stood up, he passed me his hand and I gratefully entwined my fingers with his and allowed him to lead me to the dance floor.

A slower song started playing and he spun me around and I landed against his chest. His hands rested on my hips and I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck, he held me close as we swayed to the beat.

I spotted Sebastian and Silja out of the corner of my eyes wrapped up in each other's arms as they danced.

I looked back up at Chris, his blue eyes connected with mine and I swear I almost melted, I tilted my head and he cocked his eyebrow at me, "Everything okay?" he asked softly.

"Yeah. I just noticed that you have a little bit of green in the blue of your eyes. It's nice, I like it," I whispered. He grinned at me and I noticed his eyes drift down to my lips and linger there for a moment. I subconsciously licked my lips and he stared at them.

He tipped his head forwards and rested his forehead on mine, the tip of his nose touched mine and I felt his hot breath fan across my face, his lips were inches from mine and I knew he was about to kiss me and that thought made my heart race in my chest, suddenly, the fire alarm rang out through the building, Chris instantly intertwined his fingers in mine and pulled me out of the building.

The cold air hit me and I started shivering, Chris shrugged off his jacket and I slipped my arms through it gratefully before he pulled me into his chest and rubbing my back, I felt him press a light kiss to the top of my head and I snuggled further into his chest just as Seb, Silja and Tyler exited the building.

We hopped back in my car, I fiddled with the sleeves of Chris' jacket while I drove, all I could think about was the way his hands felt on my hips, the way he stared longingly at my lips, the way we almost kissed.

I really wanted to kiss him, would we ever get another opportunity?