Chapter 14

Candice's pov
Sebastian looked at between me and Chris but his eyes landed on me, he gave me a questioning look and I just shrugged, silently telling him that it was up to him.

He took a deep breath before looking back at Chris, "Okay, but only if you're one hundred percent sure," Seb said as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"I'm sure. Do yo want to go get your stuff now?"

"Yeah, I think that would be a good idea. Thank you, Chris," I replied with a smile, he nodded at me and we walked out of the building.

Chris got in my car since his bike was still at my apartment, I turned the key in the ignition and pulled out of the station with Seb following behind us. "Thank you," I said quietly as we stopped at a set of traffic lights.

"For what?" Chris asked with furrowed brows.

"Everything. You've done so much for me over these past couple of months, I really appreciate it," I replied with a smile.

He placed his hand on top of mine and squeezed it gently, "Anytime, Candy," he said with a comforting and friendly smile.

It wasn't long before we got to the apartment, Chris relaxed on my bed while I packed, he offered to help but I told him to just relax. "You comfy?" I asked with a giggle as I shoved the last of my clothes into my suitcase.

"Very," he replied with a smile. I shook my head and rolled my eyes at him before we walked out of my room. "Okay, so, Chris I'm guessing you're taking your bike, I can ride with Candice?" Seb asked with a shrug.

"Sounds like a plan," Chris replied as the three of us walked out of the apartment, Seb locked the door and we got into my car and followed Chris down the road to his place.

I didn't know why but I had this feeling that living with Chris would be a good thing, that it would make me happy. I had a good feeling about this.

Chris' pov
I pulled into the driveway of my house and took my helmet off just as Seb and Candice pulled into the driveway behind me. I ran my hand through my tousled hair before walking over to them and helping them with their bags.

Candice protested and said that she could manage but I insisted on helping her, Seb wouldn't let me help him with his since he only had the one suitcase where-as Candice had a suitcase and two little bags.

I unlocked the door and ushered them in before entering myself and locking the door behind us. "I'll uh, show you to your rooms," I said with a smile, they followed me up the stairs, I showed Seb to his first and then showed Candice to hers. "That one right next to you is mine, so if you ever need anything just come wake me up," she smiled at me and nodded before we put her stuff in the room, she chuckled when she heard my stomach growl.

"Hungry, Evans?"

"Yeah. I'll order some pizza or something," I replied as I pulled my phone out.

"I'll cook something," she said with a smile as she brushed past me and walked into the hallway.

"Candy, you're a guest. You don't have to cook," I said as I followed her down the hallway. Seb walked out of his room and cocked his eyebrow at us.

"I want to cook something. It's the least I could do, you're letting us stay here after all," she replied as she started walking down the stairs.

I looked at Seb and he just shrugged his shoulders at me. "Don't argue with her, when she says she wants to cook she'll cook. She is a good cook as well so we're in for a pretty good meal," Seb said as we walked down the stairs together.

"Alright, I guess I'll show her where everything is," I replied and walked into the kitchen where Candice was rifling through cupboards. "Let me show you where everything is," I said softly as I walked up to her, she turned around and smiled at her. I showed her where things were and then she practically kicked me out of the kitchen.

I sat in the living room with Seb and I could hear her softly humming a tune as she cooked.

An hour later and we tucked into the most delicious meal that I'd had in months. This girl was making it really hard for me not to fall even harder for her.