Chapter 19

Chris' pov
I woke up with a pounding headache and I ran my hand through my tousled hair as I sat up, I am never drinking that much again.

I hopped in the shower and let the hot water relieve the tension from my body and calm my pounding head. The memories of last night flashed through my head and my eyes widened slightly as I remembered that I did a body shot off Candice last night and then she did one off of me.

Hopefully, that wouldn't make things awkward between us.

I got out of the shower and got changed into some jeans and a comfortable shirt before heading downstairs to grab a coffee before heading to work.

I heard someone in the kitchen as I approached the room. When I walked in I noticed that Candice had headphones in and she was swaying and humming along to the beat, she was in her pj's and she had my jacket on, I smiled and shook my head as I watched her, I cleared my throat to get her attention and when she didn't hear me I walked up to her and covered her eyes with my hands.

She jumped and spun around when I removed my hands from her eyes, she smacked my arm playfully and grinned at me as she pulled the headphones out of her ears, "Damn it, Evans! You scared the crap out of me," she said with a smile as she brushed her hair out of her face.

"Sorry, Candy Cane. You feeling alright?"

Yeah. A little hungover, but I'm good, I'll be a lot better once I've had some coffee. You want some?" she asked as she switched on the coffee machine.

"Yes, please. Where's everyone else?"

"Oh, Tyler's gone back to the hotel to pack because he has to get back to filming tomorrow and Seb and Silja have gone on a breakfast date," she replied with a shrug.

"Fair enough. You're still in your pj's and my jacket, you not getting ready for work?" I asked as she poured the coffee.

"Nah. I have the day off," she replied and handed me a cup.

"Lucky. What are you going to do? Just chill out?"

"I was actually thinking of going for a run, or taking advantage of your pool, if you're okay with me using it?"

"Well, I have a little gym downstairs if you want to us that and you're more than welcome to use the pool. I have to go to work, I have a half day today so we can hang out later if you want?" I asked shyly.

"Sure, I'd like that, Chris. Have fun at work, I'll see you later," I waved at her as I put my coffee cup in the sink and walked out of the door. Maybe we should talk about last night when I get home?

Candice's pov
It had been a few hours since everyone had left and I hadn't done anything other than sit in front of the pool and scroll through Tumblr.

I was just about to put The Walking Dead on when I heard the front door open, I popped my head round the door and smiled when I saw Chris slipping his shoes off. "Hey. Enjoy your day off?" he asked me.

"Yep. Enjoy work?"

"Yeah. Scarlett and Hayley were asking how you were doing," he replied with a smile.

"I'll have to call them later," I said as the familiar sounds of The Walking Dead theme song started playing on the TV.

"What are you watching?" he asked with a cocked eyebrow.

"Oh. I was just about to watch The Walking Dead."

"Isn't that the show with the zombies?"

"They're called walkers," I said in a mock offended voice.

"Right, sorry, I've never seen the show," he replied as he held his hands up in defense.

"You've never seen The Walking Dead? Oh my God. Sit your ass down, Evans. We're having a marathon," I said with a smile as I walked through to the kitchen to grab some drinks.

"Alright. I'll go get changed."

"Okay. I'll get some drinks and stuff."

"Alright," he replied as he walked up the stairs. I made some sandwiches and drinks before walking back into the living room with food and drinks in hand. I shook my head when I noticed Chris laying on the couch.

"I was gonna sit there you meatball," I said with narrowed eyes as I put the drinks and food down on the table.

"Well, now I'm laying here," he replied and poked his tongue out at me.

"Fine, I'll just sit on your legs," I said with a shrug as I sat on his legs, he chuckled at me and I pressed play on the control and we tucked into the food.

Chris' pov
About halfway through the first episode of The Walking Dead I noticed that Candice was getting uncomfortable on my legs, but being the stubborn girl she was I knew she wouldn't move.

"You look uncomfortable," she looked at me and shook her head when I spoke.

"I'm fine," she replied as she adjusted her position on my legs.

"No, you're not. Come on, you can lay down on me if you want," I said as I opened my arms. She looked at me with furrowed brows for a moment before laying down on me, she put her head between my cheek and the couch and I wrapped my arms around her before turning my attention back to the TV. "Hey, about last night, with the body shots, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, I hope it doesn't make things weird between us," I mumbled as we watched the show.

She pushed herself up on my chest and looked into my eyes, "It doesn't make things weird between us, Chris. Last night was fun," she replied with a smile.

"Good. I'd hate for it to be weird or awkward."

"Chris, if last night had made things weird or awkward between us I wouldn't be laying on you right now."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I replied with a chuckle. She smiled and laid down on me again.

We got to the the last episode of season one and I looked down at her and saw that she was fast asleep. I smiled and kissed her forehead before turning my attention back to the TV.

What was it about this girl that made me fall so hard for her in such a short amount of time? What was it about her that made me feel so happy and safe, like I was floating on a cloud?