Chapter 3

Chris held the door to the diner open fo me and I stepped inside and he followed me in. The women behind the counter grinned at him when he walked in "Hey Chris. Good to see you again and you brought someone with you. How have you been?" the woman who's name badge read Georgy asked.

"Hey, Georgy. Hey, Melinda. It's good to see you too. This Candice, Sebastian's sister and our newest cast member. I've been good thanks, what about you three?" Another girl came out of the kitchen and smiled at us.

"We've been great. It's nice to meet you, Candice, I'm Melinda, this is Georgy and this Silja. Why don't you guys go take a seat and I'll come get your order."

Chris led me over to a booth in the corner and we sat down opposite each other. It wasn't long before Melinda came over and took our order, we both got Chris' usual (bacon cheeseburger and fries with a chocolate milkshake).

While we waited for our food we talked and sipped on the milkshakes Melinda had brought us.

"Tell me about that time you kicked Sebastian's ass so hard he cried."

"He will kick my ass if I tell you."

"I'll protect you if he tries, I do have a shield."

I started laughing at him and he laughed along with me, we stopped just as Melinda placed our food in front of us, she gave us a big grin and telling us that she hopes we like it before she walked back to the counter. We tucked into the delicious meal and sat in silence for a minute before Chris spoke.

"So come on, tell me."

"Okay but you have to protect me if he tries to kick my ass," I said jokingly.

"Deal."

"It was when he was about fourteen and I was about eleven, we'd been  left in the house on our own and Sebastian was supposed to be taking  care of me but he ended up sitting on his Xbox for most of the day. I  got hungry so I went upstairs and asked him to make me something to eat,  he told me to make it myself, so I told him that I couldn't reach the  sandwich stuff but he refused to move. So I stood in front of his tv and  wouldn't move." Chris made an ooh sound at that which made me chuckle.  "He was so angry and he went to pick me up and throw me out of his room  but I stepped out of the way before he could and kicked the back of his  leg which made him fall over and then I continued to kick his ass until  he agreed to make something for me. I accidentally hit his nose a little  too hard and he started crying."

"Oh my God, that is amazing. he is never going to live that down. Ever." I chuckled at him and ate the rest of my fries.

"So uh, when do you think we'll be filming that scene? Jess and Steves very awkward first meeting?"

"Probably in a couple of weeks once we've got some of the action stuff out of the way. You nervous about it?"

"A little."

He  slowly reached across the table and grabbed my hand again, he rubbed my  knuckles gently. "It'll be okay. They'll let you stop if you feel  uncomfortable, I won't want to continue with the scene if you're  uncomfortable."

"Thank you, Chris."

"Hey, what are friends for. You want to head back to set and get your car? It's getting late."

I nodded and stood up just as my phone buzzed, I took it out of my pocket and read it.

Seb: Set closed early, took your car home. Hope that's okay?

"Seb's took my car home. Do you mind giving me a lift? I'm staying with Sebastian in his apartment."

"Sure," Chris smiled at me and took some money out of his wallet but I grabbed his wrist before he could put it on the table.

"Let me pay."

"No, it's my treat. Think of it as me welcoming you to the Marvel family."

"Fine, but I'm paying next time."

"Deal."

We  walked out of the diner and waved bye to Georgy, Melinda, and Silja. I  climbed on his back and wrapped my arms around his waist again and  rested my head on his back. It took about twenty minutes to get to the  apartment building, I got off the bike and gave Chris the helmet back,  he took his off and smiled at me.

"Thanks for coming with me today, I had fun. I'd uh, I'd love to do it again sometime. I-if you want?"

"I would love to."

"You want to go for coffee tomorrow morning before work? Same place"

"That  sounds great. I'll see you tomorrow Chris," I smiled at him and pecked  him on the cheek before walking into the building and up to Seb's  apartment. I didn't know that Chris was still sat outside with a huge  grin on his face and a pink tint on his cheeks but I knew I was doing  the same thing. Tomorrow could not come quick enough.