Chapter 20

Sebastian's pov
I walked through the door and furrowed my brows when I heard the theme tune of The Walking Dead playing over and over again, "Seb? You still there?" Silja asked me through the phone.

"Yeah, I'm still here, doll. I can just hear the theme tune of The Walking Dead playing continuously," I replied as I walked through the house and into the living room.

I was not expecting the sight that I was met with, "Hey, sweetie, you'll never guess what I just walked in on."

"What?" she asked me with a curious voice.

"Chris and Candice are laid together asleep on the couch."

"That is adorable. Yet more proof that they belong together," she replied, I could hear the smile in her voice.

"They really do," I replied as I pulled the blanket off the back of the couch and threw it over them before walking up the stairs to go to bed myself.

"Are we still setting them up on that date tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I called the restaurant while I was on my lunch break and booked a table for them, I've even got Scarlett, Mackie, and Hayley in on the plan," I replied.

"God, this is so exciting. Do you think they'll kill us once they realize that we've set them up?"

"Not if they have a good time, which they will," I replied as I put her on speaker so I could get changed into something more suitable for bed. "I'm heading to bed, I'll call you tomorrow and we can sort everything out. Goodnight, doll."

"Goodnight, Sebastian," she replied before I hung up and closed my eyes. It was a bit weird setting my baby sister up on a date with my best friend, but at the same time it felt good because it was obvious that they belonged together and I just wanted them to admit it already.

Chris' pov
I woke up to the sunlight softly streaming in through the window, I felt a weight on my chest and heard soft breathing. I looked towards the source of the sound and smiled when I saw that it was Candice, she was sleeping soundly on my chest clutching the blanket had been draped over the both of us tightly.

I ran my hand through her hair softly as she slept, I didn't have the heart to wake her so I decided to just lay there with her in my arms until she woke up.

"Good morning," I looked up at the door to see Sebastian stood there with a mischievous smile on his face.

I pressed a finger to my lips telling him to be quiet, "She's still sleeping. Hey, what time is it?" I whispered.

"Eleven," he replied in a hushed tone as he sat down on the other couch.

"Shit. I really slept in. It's a good job we have the day off," I replied as I rubbed my eyes.

"Yeah. I think Candice will wake up soon so you won't be laid there for long. Oh, before I forget Scarlett, Mackie, and Hayley want the three of us to join them for dinner at around five."

"Sounds good," I replied. Candice started stirring in my arms and we both looked at her as her eyes gently fluttered open. "Morning, sunshine," I said with a little chuckle, she muttered something incomprehensible as she hid her face in my chest.

"Come on, we're going out for dinner tonight with ScarJo, Mackie, and Hayley," Sebastian said with a little smile.

"Fine, I'm up," she mumbled sleepily as she pushed herself up off my chest, she looked down at me and smiled, "You are very comfortable to lay on, Evans."

"Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment," I replied with a little wink before she walked out of the room and up the stairs. I heard Sebastian let out a light chuckle and I looked over at him once I'd sat up. "What?"

"Nothing," he replied as he tried to stifle another chuckle, "I'm going to call Silja. I want to see if she'll join us tonight," I nodded at him and he walked out of the room.

I was planning on asking Candice on another date tonight, but I guess that would have to wait now.