Chapter 17

[McKenna]

I woke up on Saturday to a pillow hitting me square in the face.

I groaned and rolled over onto my stomach. "Go away."

Emma sighed. "Come on Kenna, Cole's going to be here at twelve and if you don't get up now I just might have to resort to drastic measures."

I groaned and rolled out of bed as Em started cracking up. "Wow, nice hair, sleeping beauty. Shame Cole can't see you now."

I threw a pillow at her before heading toward the bathroom to get a shower. I turned on the water and picked out music to play on my phone while I waited for the water to warm up. I swear there's nothing worse than hopping into a freezing cold shower first thing in the morning.

Thirty minutes and one Shawn Mendes album later, I was almost completely ready, and went back into my room to get dressed. Emma was already dressed and was doing her makeup in the mirror above my dresser.

I went to my closet to pick out an outfit. After ten minutes of digging through all my clothes, I finally decided on just a black t-shirt with varsity-striped sleeves and white shorts. Then I quickly ran a brush through my hair and put on my white Converse as Emma finished getting ready.

"You're so lucky I was sleeping over last night. You would've slept til one," she said with a laugh as she gave herself a once-over in the mirror. She looked adorable as usual, wearing a light blue flowy tank top and jean shorts, with her dark hair in a side braid.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I get it, I'd be totally lost without you, blah blah blah."

We grabbed our phones and wallets and headed downstairs just as the doorbell rang. I said goodbye to my parents and opened the door to Cole.

"Hi. You ready?" he said as he smiled at me.

I nodded and closed the door behind me as we walked down the porch steps and out to his car. His mom was in the driver's seat, and she rolled down her window to greet us. "Hi girls, how are you? I haven't seen you in a while."

I'd only met Cole's mom once before, when Emma and I had run into Cole and Jaden at the pool on the last day of summer and his mom had dropped us off at home.

"Hi Mrs. Wagner, it's nice to see you again," I said as I got in the car. Emma and I were sitting in the middle seat, next to Jaden. Cole was sitting shotgun, and Luke, Braden, and Kaden were all wedged in the backseat. I quickly said hi to them before buckling my seatbelt.

"Alright, let's go!" Mrs. Wagner said as we drove off.

Thirty minutes later, she pulled into the parking lot of Hershey Park, and we all piled out after saying goodbye and thanking her for the ride.

After going through the ticket office, we gathered in front of the carousel to figure out what we wanted to do first.

"So, Skyrush or Great Bear?" Cole asked.

Jaden shrugged. "It's your birthday, man, we'll do whatever you want."

Cole grinned. "Okay, then let's go get some s'mores cobblers."

"What's a s'mores cobbler?" I asked.

Everyone looked at me like I was insane. "You've never had a s'mores cobbler?" Cole asked in shock.

I shook my head.

"Oh my gosh, you haven't lived until you've had one of these. It's literally like eating a piece of heaven."

So they dragged me down to this old western-style restaurant to "save me from my s'mores cobbler virginity," in the words of Cole.

They all stared at me while I took the first bite. As soon as it entered my mouth, I closed my eyes. Cole wasn't kidding - it was the most delicious thing I'd ever eaten.