Birth of a Vampyre ~14~

As we head towards my house I can't help but feel as if all of this is part of something greater. How are we all linked? I can't think of anything that all of my friends have in common except for me and yet here we are all converging at the same time. What is going on in my peaceful little town?

"Marcus I'm worried."

"Why?"

"Everyone that I love is converging here. Is there something or someone behind this? Is it bigger than just coincidence?"

"I'm not sure. I want to think that this is all as you say a coincidence, but I understand what you are saying. I think we need to be more careful. None should go out without another right now." I look deep into Marcus's eyes and realize he's having the same thoughts as I am.

"That witch is a problem. She lied to have Sasha killed. She needs to be put in her place."

"We need to talk to Carrie and Eric as soon as possible. I know tonight is out of the question since Carrie and Lushe are off on their own for the evening." Marcus smiles to himself.

"I wonder what is going to happen with them. I really do think that they are supposed to be together. I just don't know if she really understands what it all means." I sigh.

"Lil it's her choice and we are going to have to let her make it." Marcus says sternly to me.

"Yes daddy." I smirk.

"You can only call me that when we are in bed." He smirks back at me. He stops walking and puts me down. He leans into me and slowly brings his lips to mine. I don't fight at all but embrace him. Marcus slowly ends the kiss and scoops me back up. He smiles down at me as he takes off towards the house again.

"You haven't kissed me like that in awhile." I whisper.

"I was afraid you wouldn't let me because of Eric. I know that you love him and we both said that we would share, but I'm not sure if that is really an option. I get so mad when I see you with him and I'm pretty sure that he feels the same way watching you with me."

"Am I a horrible person for loving you both?"

"No you aren't baby. You've been alive longer than anyone I know. Demons excluded of course, but they will never admit their age. You have loved many and had to watch all but a few die. I think sometimes that you are afraid of loving just one person because you've watched so many die."

I think over Marcus's words as he jumps the perimeter gate and runs to the back door. I can hear the wolves in the house playing video games. I tighten my grip on Marcus and sigh heavily. I see Eric watching us from the bedroom window with a look of pain on his face.

"He's still young Lil. He doesn't understand you fully. Hell I don't think any one understands you fully me included." Marcus puts me down and nods towards Eric. Eric disappears from the window and in less than a second is scooping me up into a monster embrace. I inhale his scent and smile.

"Missed you." I whisper.

"Missed you more." He replies.

"I'm going to head in and beat some dog ass in Mortal Kombat." Marcus says as he heads inside.

I grab Eric's hand and lead him to a poolside chair. He sits and I curl up in his lap. It feels right to have his arms around me. I close my eyes and think about the evenings events.

"Eric do you remember a demon being killed recently?" I ask him.

"Ummm which one?" He asks confused.

"She was beautiful. She was strawberry blonde with eyes so deep they were beyond black. If you looked in her eyes you could see the stars in the sky shining in them. She was not like any other demon ever. She was weak when she was killed and it was that witch that told you she was a rogue." Eric tightens his hold on me and sighs.