Birth of a Vampyre~12~

"Eric I know that this is hard for you because of your brotherly love for Carrie, but it's really no different from you and me." I hope he doesn't make them feel uncomfortable with him being here during this discussion.

"I know it's just weird that's all." He sighs and flops onto the bed. I giggle at his boyish behavior.

"I don't see what the big deal is anyway. I mean it's her choice not his right?" Marcus says exasperated.

"Yes it's her choice and only her choice. Now hush they are coming upstairs." I can hear them climbing the stairs together and they will be here in just a couple of minutes. We wait patiently for them to get to my room. There is a light knock on the door.

"Oh please just come in already. It's not like we didn't hear you coming." Eric says from his spot on the bed. The door opens and in walks Lushe and Carrie hand in hand and looking like newlyweds.

"Sit" I command them both.

"Hey I know I'm part dog and all, but come on Lil." Lushe sighs as he takes a seat on my couch and pulls Carrie down to his lap.

"I'm sorry I thought this was my house and that I could say whatever I wanted." I hiss at him.

"Damn girl what's got your panties in a twist?" Lushe says nonchalantly.

"Look here dog this is a very important conversation and I think that the best way to approach it is with a grown up attitude." I reply.

"Granted you got me there babe. Are you sure we have to do this right now?" Lushe is looking at the floor like he's waiting for it to open and swallow him up.

"Well if it weren't for the fact that you will be sharing a room I probably wouldn't be so demanding about this little talk."

"Please Lil I don't know if it's to soon." Lushe begs.

"Get over it Lushe. You know damn well that she is going to do this so that you don't have to. I think you should be thanking her, not trying to weasel your way out of it." Marcus states matter of factly.

"So why are you all here?" Lushe asks.

"Well Eric has known Carrie for longer than any of us and Marcus well he's Marcus and he's going to be playing the voice of reason." Marcus scoffs as I say this. "That doesn't help." I scold him.

"Wait this is about me?" Carrie asks confused.

"Well kind of. It's about you and Lushe. I know that you have heard the word mate being thrown around here a lot lately and I think that you need to understand what that means. I love you and Lushe and I don't want either of you to get hurt so instead of letting something happen that could hurt you both I'ld rather get all of the information out there now." I really don't know if she is ready to hear all of this, but it's to late now.

"Ok I'm really confused. I have heard a lot of you talking about mates and referring to you and Eric as mates, but I really don't understand any of it." Carrie says confusion showing all over her face.

"And that's why we are here. We need to explain what a mate is and since Lushe seems to be happy just sitting there I guess I'll have to tell you." I look pointedly at Lushe who just shrugs.

"I don't think that I could explain it any better than you Lil." He responds.

"Gee that makes sense. The leach telling all about the wolves love." Eric scoffs from the bed.

"Ok ok that's enough." Marcus cuts in. "This is a conversation that Lushe and Carrie really need to have. I understand that you are nervous about letting her know exactly what all this means Lushe, but you really should be the one doing the talking. Lil spoils you wolves and it's time she stops. And Eric you need to understand that even though you love her like a sister that you need to respect whatever she chooses to do."