Chapter 21

Demi walked out of the bathroom and looked at her cut. It was still stinging immensely, and she wanted to scream from the pain. She shook her hand and limped out of the room. She let her opposite hand glide against the wall, letting her walk without collapsing. She walked past all the bedrooms and remembered it was midday. She heard a moan come out of a room, and she cringed. She started to wonder if she was really loud when her and Nick made love. She smiled and bit her lip remembering the memory.

She then frowned remembering how he lied. She shrugged, trying to push off the horrid feeling in her stomach. She continued to walk down the hallway and to Kevin’s bedroom. She wanted to talk to him about her most personal issue. She didn’t want to talk to Joe because she felt that he wouldn’t know what to say.

She reached Kevin’s bedroom and saw the door cracked open. She looked through the crack and saw Danielle crying on Kevin’s shoulder on his bed. She saw Kevin wiping his cheeks every once in a while and he would sniffle.

She listened in on their conversation. Danielle sobbed, “She doesn’t deserve any of this.”

Kevin nodded and wiped his cheek, “I know, but she just doesn’t understand that Nick actually loves her. She never heard the things he would say when she wasn’t around.” Demi smiled slightly. “He really loves her; so, so much,” he whispered.

Demi smile widened. She took a deep breath, wiping the smile away. She pushed the door open slightly, causing Danielle and Kevin to jump. They adjusted themselves on the bed. Danielle tried to smile, “Hey, Scarlett.”

Demi shook her head, “Its Demi.”

Danielle shook her head confused, “Oh, okay.” She looked at Kevin and he gave her a ‘I’ll tell you later’ look.

Demi nodded, “Kevin, can I talk you?”

Kevin nodded and climbed off the bed. He pecked Danielle’s lips, walked to Demi, and took her hand, leading her out the bedroom. He closed the door behind him and turned to her. “What’s up?”

Demi looked down, “I don’t know if I could ever trust him.”

Kevin brought her into a hug. He felt light water drops seep through his shirt. “Talk to him; let him explain.”

Demi pulled away and wiped her cheek. She looked down, “I can’t. He’s hurt me so much,” she looked up. “He could’ve just told me. I would’ve given him sex even if he didn’t want it. I mean-”

Kevin interrupted, throwing his hand up in the air to stop her. “He always wanted have sex with you. You just never knew. You were too blind to see it.”

Demi furrowed her eyebrows together, “Well, he still didn’t have to lie to me.”

Kevin looked toward Nick’s office. “Talk to him,” he pointed. Demi looked at Kevin one last time and started walking forward.

She stopped when she felt like her legs were going to give out. Kevin walked forward a step and picked her up swiftly. He walked to Nick’s office and set Demi down. He looked at her sternly, and she sighed. Kevin nodded and walked away.

Demi put her hand on the doorknob and turned it.

There's Something About HerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara