Chapter 11

Demi lied in Nick’s arm for what seemed like hours. Nick would look down at her every once in a while and brush back some hair out of her face. Demi would smile at every touch. She would smile even wider when Nick would hum her favorite song. Once or twice, he would sing a melody of a song she didn’t know. She loved the sound that came from his throat. His angelic voice would send chills up her spine, and she loved it. Every single thing he did she would love. She smiled when he started to sing a new tune. “We’ve never been into honesty, so promise me you’ll let me know, when you’re lying…” Nick let his voice trail off into a hum. He smiled letting those few lines mean so much. Demi smiled at his poetic way of expressing his emotions.

She whispered, “Nick, you have a beautiful voice.” Demi adjusted herself to lie on Nick’s lap. She looked up at him, and he smiled down at her.

He chuckled and let his face turn to rosy pink as it always did when Demi complimented him. “Thanks, Dems.” Nick smiled slightly as he stared down into Demi’s eyes. She smiled back at him and let it fade when she couldn’t find the strength to look away. She blinked her eyes a little and lifted herself up. She looked away from Nick embarrassed.

“Sorry,” she said. Nick chuckled and put his finger under her chin, turning her face toward his. Demi glanced into his eyes and looked away quickly. His chocolate orbs could make her do anything for him. Nick moved her face slightly so she would look back at him.

When she looked away, Nick spoke softly, “Look at me.” Demi looked a second then away again. “Hey, look at me,” he said again. Demi looked into his eyes once again. She smiled when she saw him smiling. “Demi, I need to tell you something.” Demi nodded, unable to speak from the trance she was in. “Okay, I don’t know how long I’ve been holding this in.” Demi felt her heart beat faster in her chest as Nick heard his heart beat in his ears. Nick right then and there wanted so badly just to pull Demi’s lips into his. “Um, Demi, I really-” Nick stopped himself and looked to the door. He looked back at Demi, “Um, can you wait two seconds?” Before Demi had a chance to speak, Nick hopped off the bed and ran out the door.

Demi frowned, “Yeah, sure, just go ahead and leave.” She huffed and plopped back on the bed.

---

Meanwhile, Nick was running down the halls and stopped in front of Joe’s bedroom. He ignored the moans coming out of it and walked in. “Joe!” Nick yelled. Joe jumped off of Selena and fell on the floor.

“Dude!” Joe yelled back. Nick glanced at Selena, seeing her wrap the sheet around her.

“Joe, put on a pair of boxers and meet me outside.” Nick turned around and walked to the bedroom next to Joe’s. He did the same and walked in. To his surprise, he saw Kevin and Danielle just talking to each other and holding each other. Nick smiled at the remembrance of him doing that with Demi. He snapped out of the memory, “Kevin, meet me outside.” Nick walked out, and Kevin followed. Nick franticly paced back and forth in front of their doors.

Joe put his hands on Nick’s shoulders to stop him from pacing, “Dude, what’s wrong?”

Nick fiddled with his fingers, “I-I felt like kissing Demi, and, Dude, it was scary. My stomach was jumping, and I kept getting lost in her eyes, and it felt like the world stopped, and, Dude,” he placed his hands on Joe’s shoulders and shook him, “Help me!”

Joe removed Nick’s hands and stepped back. He placed his finger under his like he was thinking and looked at Kevin. Kevin looked back at him the same way, “He’s gone,” Kevin said.

Joe nodded, “Yup, he finally knows what love is.”

Nick blinked, “Love?”

Kevin and Joe nodded, “Yes,” they said in unison.

Joe went behind Nick and started pushing him towards his bedroom. Nick kept struggling, but Kevin started helping Joe. After about three minutes, all three of them were standing in front of his door. Nick looked at it then turned around, “If I die, will you tell Demi I love her?”

Kevin and Joe rolled their eyes. Joe opened the door, and Kevin pushed Nick in. Before Nick could turn around, the door was closed. He groaned and walked over to Demi. Demi sat up and looked angrily at him. “Thanks for just leaving,” she scoffed. Nick ignored her and kept walking. “What are you doing?” she asked confused. Nick stopped in front of the bed, and Demi hopped off of it. “Nicholas, answer me no-” Nick interrupted her by pulling her into his chest. He quickly put both of his hands on each of her cheeks and breathed unevenly. Demi closed her eyes as his hot breath hit her face. Nick saw his chance and brought his lips to her. Demi, at first, was too shocked to even kiss back. After a few seconds, she threw her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. Nick let his tongue trace her bottom lip and Demi happily let him in. Their tongues danced with each other’s for a couple of seconds until they heard a cheer. They both pulled away simultaneously.

They smiled as they saw Joe and Kevin chest bump each other. “Yeah, woohoo!” Joe cheered. Kevin went to high five Joe until he saw Nick and Demi looking at them.

Kevin smiled, “Um, Joe and I are just going to go. We’re just going to give you some privacy.” Kevin went behind Joe and started pushing him out.

“But, I don’t want to leave,” Joe whined.

“Shut up, Joe,” Kevin said back. After a few seconds, the door shut, and the room went silent. Nick looked back at Demi and pulled away nervous.

Nick smiled and felt his face heat up, “Um, sorry.”

Demi walked forward and cupped his face. She brought her lips to his and kissed him with so much passion. She pulled away, and Nick went forward, wanting more. She giggled and pulled away a little more, “No need to be sorry. I loved it.”

Nick smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist. Demi let her arms find their way around his neck. They smiled at each other, “So, how about a little more?” Nick asked.

Demi nodded and went in with Nick meeting her half way. Demi pulled out a little, letting her forehead rest on his. “So, what does this make us now?” she asked breathless.

Nick shrugged, “Something more than what we were before, hopefully.” Demi smiled and Nick lifted her up, placing her on the bed. Nick pecked her lips once, twice, three times. He sat next to her and fulfilled his fantasy since the day he met her. He let his lips dance on hers for who knows how long.