Chapter 3

Nick walked out of his bedroom like any other day. He had Joe and Kevin meet with him as he approached the girls, who were already formed in a straight line. Like usual, he would keep a firm posture and try to look tougher than his brothers, which of course he was. He stood in front of Number 1 and checked her over. Kevin handed her a tee, and she headed on her way.

Nick stood in front of Number 2 and looked closely at her arm. It had a slight purplish color and anger built up in him. He grabbed Number 2 by her other arm and dragged her to his office.

Joe felt fear rush through his body. Joe nodded at Kevin to follow him, and the other girls remained standing. As Kevin, Joe, Nick, and Number 2 were out of their sight, the girls started walking away, except for Number 3. She stood at her spot and didn’t move an inch. Number 4, who had long, brown, curled hair, noticed and stayed behind with her. “Scarlett, you know we can go,” Number 4 spoke.

 Number 3 shook her head. She spoke in her sweet, innocent voice, “No, Mister didn’t tell me to go, so I’m not leaving.”

 Number 4 stood by her side, “Please, Scarlett, he’s not coming back anytime soon. C’mon.”

 Number 3 looked at the floor, “Please, Danielle, I don’t think he wants us leaving. I think I should go check if Selena is fine.”

 Danielle shook her head and sighed, “The things you make me do.”

Number 3 smiled and started walking. She grabbed a shirt that Kevin dropped when he walked away. She slipped it over her head and Danielle started laughing.

 “What?” Number 3 asked confused.

 Danielle shook her head while she was still laughing, “Um, you just don’t get that the guys love to see you without a shirt. You’re the only girl here who’s still a virgin, and the guys would love to have sex with you.”

 Number 3 shook her head and blushed. Her black hair slightly fell in her face. “I get reminded of that every day.”

Danielle and Number 3 continued walking to Nick’s office, and they walked into the room that connected to his office. They saw Joe in there with fear written all over his face. Joe looked over at them and looked at them strangely.

 He spoke, “What are you guys doing in here?”

 “We came to see if Selena - uh, Number 2 is okay,” Number 3 said.

 Joe looked down, “Boss is looking at her. I’m so scared.”

 Number 3 walked forward and stood in front of him. Joe looked up and into her chocolate orbs. “Well, you shouldn’t have hit her. You know the rules, and you know that Mister enforces them very strongly.”

 Joe shook his head, “I didn’t hit her though. She ran into the wall when we were getting ready to have sex.”

 Number 3 looked at him intensely, “Does Mister know that?”

 Joe shook his head and looked down, “No, and I’m going to die.”

At that moment, Number 3, and Joe jumped from the yelling they heard through the wall.

 ---

Nick walked through his office and let go of Selena to close his door. He turned around and pointed to the chair that was in front of his desk. Selena quickly sat in it, feeling fear pumping through her veins. Nick started pacing in front of her, “Why did he hit you?”

 Selena shook her head, “He - he didn’t.”

 Nick started yelling, “Then why is there a fucking bruise on you!”