Max's plan

Max's POV

What am I doing? What am I thinking? Am I seriously going to kiss my best friend? I just snapped at my girlfriend so I could stand here and stare into my best friend's eyes. Something has to be wrong with me. I wanted to prove something to her, I wanted to show her I love her... Wait I love her? No... She's my best friend. Wait then why is she so mad? Because I almost kissed her? Was it possible... that she likes me? Then I ditched her and...and she was left in pieces. I backed away from her, my hand leaving her face, our eye contact never breaking though.
"I'm sorry." there was silence, as I waited for her to say something back like 'it's okay' or something, anything really. But nothing came so I continued. "I'm sorry for being a jerk, and an asshole. I ditched you for Lyndsey, a girl who has been so terrible to everyone. I let you walk home in the rain, I walked away from you when you started crying. I'm a horrible friend, but I'm not going to ask for you to forgive me. Because what I did was unforgivable. I just know I will regret it, for the rest of my life. But finally what I want to say to you, Aly, Al, I'm so sorry. I truly am." I backed away, as my words just sat there in the air as she stared at me. I felt like I was suffocating, standing in that room. So I jogged out of the house, and away from Aly's dark green eyes.

Aly's POV

He apologized. Why do I seem so surprised? Well maybe because he doesn't do apologies, he just "makes up for it". I know he was going to kiss me...but something stopped him. He knew I didn't want it so he stopped trying, is that a good thing or a bad thing? I still don't know.
"What was that about Aly?" Steph asked walking into the kitchen.
"He apologized."
"He-he what?"
"He apologized to me."
"Want to go home?"
"Yes please." We walked outside, disregarding everyone else and hopped into Steph's car and took off. We got to her place and went to her bedroom so I could explain.
"Wow."
"Right?"
"He apologized to you, for real?"
"Yep." I answered popping the 'p'.
"Weird."
"Tell me about it."

Max's POV

I made my way out of the house, right then and there. I was almost to my car when I heard someone call out to me, thinking and hoping it was Aly I turned around. My mistake. It was Lyndsey.
"Max! What was that in there?! You snapped at like everyone at the party  then you were getting cozy with Aly in the kitchen... What's up with you?"
"I wasn't snapping at everyone, only you Lyndsey, only you. To answer your second question, shut up."
"Did you just tell me to shut up?" Her screechy voice turning cold.
"That and one more thing."
"What?" she snapped.
"We're over."
"Wh-what?!" her eyes turned to confusion and hurt.
"We're over. Done, history. Bye Lyndsey." her mouth hung open in shock as I climbed into my Jeep and sped away not giving her a second glance.

Lyndsey's POV

My mouth sat their, open as Max pulled out. Breaking up with me? Oh no, he's just a bit drunk is all...
"What was that about?!" Nancy asked coming out of the house toward me.
"Max is a bit tipsy and is just saying stuff."
"I didn't see him drink one beer in there..."
"Well he did!" I stalked off not wanting to have this conversation anymore.

Aly's POV

"I want to forgive him so bad..."
"Well you can't, Aly! He hurt you, very, very badly. Don't forget that!"
"I don't think I'll ever forget that.." I murmured just softly enough so Steph couldn't hear it.
"Max is bad! Bad, bad, bad!" I sighed, then there was what sounded like a rock hitting Steph's window. We both stopped and looked at the window then back at each other. I looked confused while Steph looked more annoyed. I walked over and opened it then looked down, to see non other then Max Miller. What was he doing?
"Max?" I asked looking even more confused.
"Aly! Oh thank god!"
"What?" I asked looking annoyed like Steph as well.
"I need to talk to you! I know how I feel now!"
"Max! Hello!" Steph said suddenly cutting in. "Leave, get off my property before I call the police." Max sighed and backed up and got into his car. Then left.
"Steph?"
"Yeah?"
"Let's go to bed, I just want this day to be over with." Steph nodded and she turned off the lights and we climbed into bed falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Max's POV

I don't give up that easily Aly. You should know that by now. I do not give up that easily.

Guesses on his plan?