30: Loose Ends

Kid's P.O.V:

Several months have passed since that witch incident. Rowena was put to rest with her soul keeping the school standing tall and strong, and Sam re-patched her own soul. Everything has settled down nicely, and since the Grand witches Death, Same pretty much took over. No witches have bothered us for a while, nor do any seem to want to. Of course, there's always those few bad eggs out there that we all need to take care of. After all, there can't be any good without evil. The world must be in perfect balance.

Sometimes we're lucky to come back unscathed, maybe a couple of scratches here and there, very minor injuries, but other than that, we're all pretty well.

Connor and Sam's lives have also gone smoothly. They can both live without fear of being killed and kidnapped, and the students at the DWMA seem to have accepted them with open arms.

They've completed quite a few missions by themselves too, and have earned quite the reputation for themselves. It didn't go too well with Black*Star.

About my love life. I don't have one. I haven't be able to tell Sam my feelings for her. Everyone else has been encouraging me to go ahead and say something, but I end up backing out, too shy to really go ahead. I make excuses about symmetry, how I think something is off in the mansion or in the school. 

I can't get her out of my head, nor do I really want to. I know I have to do something about it, but I can't bring myself to do that. I don't have the courage. Facing off a life threatening foe is easier to handle.

"Hiiii Kiiiid!" Patty giggles as her and Liz approach me on the DWMA balcony. These two have been the most supportive in getting me to open up my feelings to Sam. They haven't succeeded in doing so though. Every time I got to confess to Samantha, I end up choking on my words and tell her that someone else is looking for her. Pathetic, I know, but I get so freaked out. I keep making small scenarios in my head and asking myself questions, like 'What if she doesn't like me back?' or 'Will it ruin our friendship if she says no?'

I know I'm probably being a little scaredy reaper by filling my head full of nonsense. I should have confidence. Unfortunately, I do not. 

"Hello, you two." I sigh staring up at the sky. Patty positions herself to my right while Liz takes the spot vacant on my left.

"How long have you been here?" Liz asks.

"Maybe an hour or two. I'm not sure exactly." I answer. Silence settles upon us and I begin to wonder on Sam and Connor's whereabouts. They've been out for a few days on a mission. I've been waiting for them to get back. 

With a calm breeze ruffling my bangs and the warm evening glow spreading across the horizon, I try and imagine what would happen if Sam was beside me right now. 

"Perfect weather for a first date, don't you recon?" Liz smirks whilst nudging me. Patty agrees with her big sister and I lightly smile.

"Yeah, it is, but I don't think I'll be going on a date anytime soon."

Liz groans and rolls her eyes.

"Come on, Kid! Grow a pair already! She's not going to wait forever."

"We don't even know if she's waiting, if at all." I remark. This earns a growl of frustration from Liz. Patty looks sceptical and sucks on her finger in thought.

"He's right, big sis!" She exclaims after a minute. "What if Samantha doesn't like Kid?"

"Geez Patty. How could she resist! He's a complete hottie."

"Thanks, Liz." I smirk. She rolls her eyes, and protests that she's trying to make me seem irresistible for Sam's sake. Another sigh. Love can't be forced into.