29: Whole At Last

Kid's P.O.V:

She did it. I thought for sure that she would be seen as a fallen warrior, but she actually made it through this terrible nightmare.
I look to my father, standing up and stretching as the sleep spell wears off with the death of Rowena.

"Dad!" I call to him. Connor helps me to my feet, my whole body aching as I stumble my way over to the Lord Death.

"Wasn't that a wild dream?" He says in his usual happy-go-jolly voice. "I dreamt that a witch defeated the too Meister's in the academy, and was planning to kill Samantha and Connor for their power. Imagine if that was real! Our whole school would be no more!"
He began laughing as if the mere thought was absolutely absurd.

"Excuse me Lord Death," professor Stein calls for his attention. He came closer as did everyone else who was slowly recovering. Dad stares at me, his expression obviously unreadable. Who knows what he's thinking. His head then drops down to my torn pants and ripped clothes. Shredded, torn and burnt in some parts.

"Um, Father?" I question. "Is everything alright?"
My voice comes out hesitant, and unwilling to ask. The next words that he dared speak sent my face into the hot sun.

"Wow... Aren't you a little... Under-dressed... You and her hit it up too rough, eh?"

Stein, Liz, Patty, and everyone who had heard my father stares at him with their mouths hanging open in pure shock. I can't believe him! Does he really think that now of all places is a good time to say such inappropriate things?!
I feel such strong distaste towards that statement! They all heard him! Did Sam hear? She must have!

Connor who stands close to me is trying desperately to not laugh, but by his current efforts he's clearly failing.

"Uh, Sir?" Tsubaki steps forward with Black*Star slung over her shoulder to keep him standing.
"Your dream wasn't a dream at all," She told him.

"Oh?" My Father tilts his head to the side, waiting for more of an elaboration. He could probably take one look around the area and see that the school is basically a crime scene for explosives.

"It's true, father," I agree. "The witch Rowena came here looking for Samantha and Connor but in the end, Connor and Sam defeated her. She's dead. They were the only ones that could do it, and they did."

My Father seems to become overjoyed by this. I can feel his eyes on him, like he's sending me a message. The happy vibe is radiating off of him like fire, a look sent directly to me, saying that she is a keeper. I already knew that. She's not even mine yet, but, that won't stop my father from making sick romantic/dirty  jokes about us. I can feel he wants to say something that could either be incredibly erotic or completely irritable.

"Whatever you desire to say, Father, don't." I say, making sure to be firm in my voice. 

"Aww, why not Kid?" Connor nudges my side with a small smirk. "I'm sure whatever Lord Death has to say will bring about smiles for all of us"

"I'm sure everyone would love to hear about your little secret journal." Liz pipes in.

"I told you not to speak of that!" I hiss through grit teeth. My hands feel sweaty and my face must be red with embarrassment.

"Why? Sam's already seen it."

"Yes but! She might not know. . . It's about her. . ." My voice goes timid as the realisation that Sam is still very close by.

"HOLD UP!" My Father exclaims with excitement. "Has my son been writing expressive poetry?! About Morgana?"

"DAD!"