Chapter Two: The Omega Club

Start from the beginning

"Hello?"

"Hi baby, how are you? is everything okay? I'm sorry I couldn't pick up we were in a pack meeting." It was nice to hear his voice but even through the phone, I could tell he was stressed.

"A pack-meeting for what? Did something happen?" I regretted calling him so many times. 

"Nothing, everything is fine just some regular regulations. You don't need to worry." I could feel he was hiding something from me, most likely as an excuse to protect me. I decided to let it go, perhaps ignorance really is bliss, and when he asked me about my school, I simply replied, 

"It's good, I mean I haven't actually had any classes yet but the campus looks great. I miss you."

"I miss you too, Rose. There haven't been any males causing you any trouble or flirting with you right?" I could tell he was just teasing me now.

"Well, there was this one cute guy..." Hunter's deep growl rang through the line, I couldn't help but laugh. "I'm kidding. I should be getting to sleep Hunter, goodnight. I love you." 

"Okay, call me if anything happens, I love you too Rosey. Sleep well," and with that, his voice and presence were gone. 

I've decided to bury the whole Xander thing, for now at least, there is no use in telling Hunter and causing him extra stress. He'll just be mad and insist on me coming home, or even worse, he may start a fight with Xander himself. 

So far Xander didn't seem to be causing much trouble aside from knowing too much about me. What a creep. 

I mentally shake off all the stressful thoughts and take a few deep breaths. Coming out here to get an education is my new fresh start from all the crappy things that have occurred within the past year. 

My dad dying, moving into a new pack that was taken over by Hunter, finding my mate, being stalked, losing someone I loved. 

Deciding to finally make my way back to my room rather than continuing my aimless walking, I found it strange that my roommate is yet to show up. The apartment-style complex was as lonely as when I left it earlier, with a few of my boxes scattered away and a big mattress on the floor of my room. No bed, just the mattress. I don't want to purchase any big furniture yet because in all honesty, who knows how long this will last. 

I have this deep gutted feeling of unnecessary anxiety that something wrong is going to happen, especially with Xander so close by. 

A part of me also has this fretful feeling that there is something going on with Hunter. He's acting differently. So eager to let me leave, so persistent in shutting me out from pack occurrences. Acting as if I am no more than a girlfriend, a partner, a friend... with benefits. 

But I am a Luna, and with or without Hunter I have been destined to be the Luna of my pack. Although I admit that makes me a hypocrite, the only reason I'm able to leave my pack to study with humans is because of Hunter. 

 I make some chamomile tea in hopes to calm my nerves. Laying down on my soft but thick mattress, I open up my laptop and put on a random episode of  Friends on Netflix. Classes officially start tomorrow, I only have 5 courses but sadly two of them are split up within multiple days. 

With the background noise of my show and my mind pondering on my first day of University, I could feel my head weighing down and my eyes threatening to shut completely.

Goodnight, I think to myself.

 *       *        *        *

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"