Chapter Five: Ew Mushrooms

"You are stuck with me

So I'll be sticking with you"

Chapter 5:

Barely paying attention to the rest of class, I didn't realize it was time to go until Lila nudged me, bringing me out of my daydreaming state.

We both make our way out of the room, Igorning Xanders eyes as we walk past the front podium. I was still mad that he called me out in front of everyone. Again.  

"Are you hungry?" Lila asks.

"Yes, always." Even though I had a big breakfast I was already starving. 

"There are some frozen pizzas in the freezer if you want to make those." Pleased with her suggestion I nod happily.

"That sounds good."

The walk to our dorm room was quiet, I kept going through what I was going to say to Lila in my head. I didn't care if she knew I was going to meet with Xander, I just didn't want her to relay that to Hunter.

Especially with her suspicion of how Xander was acting. 

Almost reaching our apartment, I could see Lila bite her lip anxiously. Did I make her nervous? She was so much more relaxed when Xander was there too.

Although that may be my fault, I wouldn't blame her if I made her tense. I internally vow to treat her as more of a friend and make her feel more welcomed, it's not her fault she's stuck watching me.

After tossing my stuff in my room I meet Lila in the kitchen and we take out the frozen pizzas, adding on extra toppings.

"Eww, you like olives?" She scrunches up her nose in disgust.

"Says you, look at all the mushrooms you put on yours." I shake my head and laugh as she pops a raw mushroom in her mouth and smiles brightly.

"Are you even able to eat mushrooms raw?" Raw or not, I still found it gross.

"Who cares, I'm a werewolf." She laughs as she noticed the distaste still glued on my face.

Just as we place the pizzas into the oven, I hear my phone chime from my bedroom.

"I'll be right back." Walking towards my phone, I see Hunter's name flash on the screen. I also notice he had texted me 5 times while I was in class and with Lila.

Good afternoon my love.

Rose?

Roseeee?

Roseeeeeee???

Text me back right now.

The last message was sent two minutes ago. I pick up right away.

"Hey Hunter, I'm so sorry I was in class and then I got distracted by food."

"That's okay Rosey, I was just worried. I can't compete with your love of food."

I heard his deep chuckle and realized how much I missed him. It was easy to push away his absence when I had my mind on other things, but hearing Hunter's laughter and voice made me yearn for my mate.

To have him close to us, to have him hold me, to feel the electricity every time we kissed.

"I miss you," I admit.

"Oh already? Maybe I should give you more surprise visits."

"Maybe you should. Anyways, how is the pack? Did you hear of any more deaths?"