Chapter One: Xander who?

Soooo sorry for the long wait. For those who were not impressed by the lack of love in the first book, there will be much more here! :) ( Also notice how less annoying Rose is now) 

 I wanna make you mine but that's hard to say. 

Chapter One: Xander Who?

I sat quietly with the crumbled paper dangling by the tips of my fingers. My gaze met out the window to the rustling of the leaves by the wind. 

Just when I thought everything was better, it plumbed back down to the worst possibilities. My eyes begin to blur as tears formed within its borders. 

"Rose?" Hunter's voice startles me as I turn away so he can't see my expression. 

"Baby, what's wrong?" The worry in his tone is thick, but I couldn't find the voice to reply. 

After a few seconds of silence, he walks up determinedly and reaches over till his hands are on my jaw. 

"Stop," I mutter, trying to look away. Ignoring me, he forcefully turns my face to meet his. I feel a wave of embarrassment as tears begin dragging down my face. I didn't like people seeing me cry, especially Hunter.

I shove his hand away and walk further towards the window, ignoring his presence altogether. God, why does he have to see me cry? 

"Come on Rose it has been months, we all grieved and moved on. I thought you did too." Confused, I look at him questionably. 

While I wipe the tears from my eyes, he spoke, " you're crying because of Greg." 

The confidence in his voice made me angry, " no, that is not why I am crying." I throw the papers at his chest, " that's why." 

I watch as his features change from confusion to stressed, to frustration, until finally, he looks back at me unimpressed. 

"So a bunch of towns got demolished, so what?" My jaw dropped so fast I thought It was going to snap off. 

"Are you kidding me? These are hundreds of wolves getting attacked and killed. Not to mention, they're all our surrounding packs! Gone, all gone! Children, families, innocent lives stolen away. This is not a so what, this is a 'what are we going to do to stop it.' "

I watch as Hunter thinks through my words. At last, he says, " this is not our battle to fight. You need some rest." 

Stunned by Hunter's lack of compassion, I stand with my arms crossed staring bewilderingly at him. 

"Stop staring at me like that, it's creepy." I could hear the amusement in his voice, but I don't break my serious expression. 

Scratching the back of his neck, Hunter spoke again, " look we've got it all under control. You don't need to worry about it, I'm the Alpha. I've got it covered." 

"Yeah, well I'm the Luna. Why wasn't I aware of this earlier like you?" I sneer at him, waiting for his reply. 

3 months ago I was formally announced as the Luna of the Dark Moon pack but Hunter still does not give me many of the responsibilities that a Luna typically has. Everything that has happened the past year has really created this paranoia where he is constantly taking a protective role with me. 

Hunter is more watchful, paranoid, and even a little more romantic. 

Although he's not the only one who has changed. I found myself changing and growing up more, I blamed my past on immaturity and swore to be stronger from now on.