Chapter Six

Chapter Six

(A/N: I hope you guys appreciate me for this in all honesty cause I am exhausted and I feel like falling asleep on my laptop. Actually, no. That would be painful. Ow.)

"Little lady, you leave in a week and I'm not quite sure what I will do with myself when I have to deal with Carolina on my own," Hunter grinned, wading over to Carolina and I. Carolina stuck her tongue out at him, pulling up her now wet blonde locks out of her face. We were at the beach down the road from the house and it was already midnight, making the already cold water, freezing. The palm trees rustled behind us and I couldn't help but get angry. I had one week left here and then it was back to California. Back to confusion. Back to hurt. Back to Jake. My stomach turned in an anxious way as my smile dropped just enough to make Hunter look at me with worried eyes. 

"Don't worry little lady. It's not for you to be that sad. It's not that bad sweetheart." Hunter eased, running a hand through his curly brown hair and giving me an apologetic smile. My lips quirked up slightly and I splashed water over to where he was standing. 

"Oh, it's on nena." He smirked, pulling me towards him by my arm and holding me in place while he continually splashed salt water at me. We both stopped when we heard Carolina laughing at us, our heads snapping towards her. Her giggles immediately ceased and thus began the water battle of the century. In the end, I'm pretty sure we all had swallowed enough salt water to last us a lifetime.

We walked towards our stuff on the cool sand, pushing each other here and there to see who would fall in the sand and get it stuck all over them (A/N: I hate when that happens like I don't enjoy the beach at times for that very reason. Like I can only do one or the other. I can't go in the water and then lay or chill on the sand like no. Sand and just ew. I do not need that in my bikini top or bottom. No, thank you, mother nature.) Of course, me being the small nugget I am, I fell in the sand and angrily got up looking someone took their time on sticking sand on every inch of my body. Once we reached Hunter's beat up Jeep, we laid our towels on the seats due to Hunter's paranoia of sand or moisture getting trapped in his car. 

"You better be planning on laying those towels down on the seats because if you get any of that nastiness on my seats, I will leave you here for the night." He threatened as he turned the ignition and glared at both Carolina and I. Shaking our heads at his idiocy, we climbed in and slammed the doors closed just to piss him off. 

"I swear to God I want to murder the both of you sometimes." He growled out through gritted teeth, pulling away from the curb and taking off down the road. The carefree feeling of cruising down the road for another hour, passing the house in the process and then making our way back was amazing. I was going to miss it. I was going to miss the whole forgetting or being able to ignore my thoughts by being around these two. They had been my anchor for the last month or so and quite frankly, they brought me down to Earth. They made me break out of my headspace and I was definitely going to miss that.

Arriving at the house, we looked down at the time on my phone and cringed. It was 1:30 am and we knew that Tia Marina would be waiting in the living room to haul our asses to bed, chancla in hand. I swear, her and my mom definitely are best friends. They both are the most petite women you'll ever meet but mess with them or cross them and you'll have hell to pay. Slowly and quietly we crept into the house, hoping we got lucky and she went to sleep. Of course, luck is just an abstract view. As soon as the front door closed behind us, the living room lamp turned on and we basically screamed in both the bottled in anxiety and pure terror. Marina was sitting on the couch, in her paisley pajamas, giving us a cold, hard glare. 

"Oh, mamì. We were just heading up to bed, Buenas Noches." Hunter smiled nervously and innocently, only earning a sharp look from his mother. 

"Sientate chamaco. Y ustedes tambien. Now." She snapped at us, making us scramble over to the couch and sit down. 

"Now this better be the first and last time you three do this. Lenne, you go home in a week. Don't give me gray hairs. As for you, Hunter and Carolina, primera y ultima vez. Me hoyen?" She sternly stated, smiling when we all nodded quickly. 

"Go to bed." she chirped, getting up off the couch and waving us off towards the stairs.

"So what are we gonna do for your last week?" Carolina questioned loudly, barging into my room in her Cookie Monster onesie (A/N: I like really want a Stitch onesie or even a giraffe cause like onesies are the greatest man. Comment a star if you have one cause then I have to severely envy you for the rest of eternity. Or at least till I buy mine) 

"Yeah, totally you can come in Carolina. It's not like I'm changing." I glared at her, pulling my tank top on and shaking my head. 

"Yeah. Yeah. Shut up and answer me." she waved me off, looking down at her red chipped nail polish. I shrugged and sat down on the bed, running a hand through my tangled hair. At this point, I had decided to just shower in the morning. I was way too tired to do anything that required movement at the moment. 

"You should get another tattoo. Down your side. I'll pay for it. It'll be a badass going away present." she clapped her hands, smiling like an idiot. I shook my head quickly and hissed at the thought of going through the painful process of a tattoo again. 

"No. I already have one. I think that's enough." I whined, throwing a pillow at her and laughing when she furrowed her eyebrows angrily at me. 

"You can't even see it. It's behind your ear and it's hidden. You should get something else. A quote. Down your side. That's it we're going tomorrow. No option." She decided on her own, leaving without letting me object or argue with her. Well, another tattoo it is.

All Rights Reserved

Hi, Peaches, I know this is more of a filler in a way and I'm sorry. I've been completely busy with school and I'm pretty certain I'm going a caffeine zombie by the end of the semester. School just started last week and I feel like I'm dying. I've been trying to write as frequently as I can but, ya'll know that with my crazy schedule that can get pretty complicated. I'm trying my best, though, so don't get angry with me, please. I hope you guys enjoyed this playful filler though and now you have quite a bit to look forward to considering she goes home in a week, what?? Just to show that I have been working, I already finished the next chapter and half of the eighth. I just have a shitload of editing to do to make sure it doesn't sound all stupid. Anyways, I love you guys Peaches and I hope that you have an amazing day/night/sleep. -Aime