Chapter Five

Chapter Five

(A/N: This chapter will be switching from Lenne's POV to Jake's POV. It'll make more sense as we move along lol buu Onward!)

In a matter of two weeks in Puerto Rico, I have sung in front of a crowd at an unknown karaoke bar every time we went, I got my cartilage pierced and lastly, I got a tattoo. Who talked me into all these things? Hunter. Why did I let him? I'm not quite sure at this point. Two weeks of running wild and not worrying about Him was doing me some good. The downside of these past two weeks has been that Jake got my new number. When he first called, I didn't recognize his number, so I for some stupid reason picked up. It was the first time I had heard his voice in almost a month. My insides immediately twisted when he spoke, the way he always managed to make me feel. Anxious with this weird sense of curiosity. I hated that feeling now. You can guess what happened. I hung up. Avoided all the other calls and tried to keep from looking at my camera roll or Instagram.

"Hey, little lady, why so glum?" Hunter raised an eyebrow as he strolled into my room unannounced, snapping me out of my headspace. I shook my head, plastering a small smile on my face as I sat up, sitting with my legs crossed in front of me. 

"Thanks for knocking by the way. You totally have manners." I sassed, ignoring the eye roll he gave me afterward. 

"Yeah well, I just came to let you know that Carolina went to the movies with some girls from gymnastics and it's just the two of us today." He wiggling his eyebrows playfully. 

"Weirdo. But thanks for letting me know. I'm gonna hop in the shower real quick but, can you go pick up those amazing tostones for lunch? Pretty please?" I begged, pouting my lips and giving him puppy dog eyes, only making him chuckle and get off the bed with a groan. 

"You owe me, little lady. I'll be back." He grinned, walking out of the room and quickly exiting the house. Smiling, I got my stuff ready to hop in the shower until my phone started ringing. Without looking at the caller I.D., I picked up.

"Hunter, I swear if you forgot your wallet again I'm going to beat the crap out of you," I complained, chuckling when I remembered the last time he went out to buy food. 

"Princess." Jake breathed on the other line, leaving me stunned. 

"Shit," I mumbled. It was just my luck. 

"Give me two minutes Princess. Please." He begged, causing my shoulders to drop and my heart to melt. 

"Jake, I can't talk to you right now. I don't want to." I hissed, blinking away the angry tears in my eyes.

"Please just listen. You don't have to talk to me. Just listen." He stated, the pleading in his voice resonating within me. 

"There's nothing to listen to Jake. What happened, happened and you can't change that. I'm just at the point of being okay. Just please leave me alone." I whispered, hanging up and staring up at the ceiling. 

"Ay Dios mio, si esto sale bien, va a ser un milagro." I grumbled, grabbing my stuff and getting in the shower. The water hit my back, relaxing my tense muscles. My head was still spinning from the conversation with Jake. I couldn't get him out of my head. I come to Puerto Rico. Try my best to rip whatever I felt for him away and end up falling right back to where I was. It sounded so stupid and cliche but it was true. It was the truest thing at the moment and that scared me. I didn't care what happened anymore or who did what. I just don't want to feel like this anymore. I don't want to feel like I need him. I don't want to want him.

Getting out of the steaming bathroom, I put my hair up in my towel and quickly put on my shorts and sweatshirt. Just as I started braiding my hair, Hunter walked in with a plastic bag that said 'Gracias' on the front in blue. I cheekily smiled and made grabby hands at the bag, only causing an eye roll in my direction. 

"I should charge you for every time I go get food for you." Hunter shook his head, dragging the desk chair over to the edge of the bed with a small smile playing on his lips. I got up and hung my towel on the doorknob before rushing over to the bed and snatching the small takeout box he had laid out on the bed. 

"You could but then I wouldn't be nice to you." I shrugged, sitting down and opening the box that held my little pieces of heaven inside. I basically moaned when I bit into one, sighing in satisfaction shortly after. 

"We should take a picture and post it to show Carolina that we can have fun too," Hunter suggested, before stuffing a whole toston in his mouth. I shrugged and swallowed what was in my mouth before answering. 

"I haven't been on like Instagram in forever. Last time I posted was right before Prom." I cringed, taking out my phone out of my pocket and tossing it over to Hunter.

"Your lack of social media use makes me sad. You have become a hermit. Hiding from the real world. Shame." Hunter tsked at me, shaking his head as he scrolled through my profile. 

"Well actually this is the real world Hunter and I just haven't gotten around to deleting anything and posting something new. I kinda wanna stay on the down low." I shrugged, looking up at Hunter who was still scrolling through my stuff. 

"Well, I'll help. You don't have to delete anything about Dickface. I'll do it. Then you can post a picture of us two, mostly for Carolina. After that just do things for yourself, little lady. You can't stay out of the loop forever. It's worrisome." He smiled at me, standing up and walking over to sit next to me. I sighed, taking the phone from him and letting my hair out of my braid. Both making a weird face, we took the picture, tagged Carolina and quickly uploaded it with the caption 'carolina where you at ;)'. This should be interesting.

Jake's POV

And there she went again, hanging up on me before I could explain or even attempt to. This wasn't the first time and it definitely wouldn't be the last. Her not wanting to talk to me wasn't even what was frustrating me the most. It was the fact that she picked up the phone, thinking it was another guy. The thought of her with someone else made my blood boil and mind travel to places it shouldn't. She didn't realize how this was affecting me. Looking down at my phone, I noticed I got a post notification for Lenne's account. Immediately, I clicked on it only for it to open to a picture of Lenne and some guy who I assume was Hunter. That's all it took for me to yell out in frustration and throw my phone at the wall. What the hell was she doing to me?

All Rights Reserved

Hello, Peaches, before you get angry and try to stab this very sleep deprived author I'd like to point out that for one, I started school and Human Geography is the absolute worse in my opinion. Second of all, I had written the chapter twice and each time, I ended it up deleting it because I didn't like it. Just please keep that in mind while you throw bricks or tomatoes cause I kinda have my reasons. Besides that, I hope you guys liked this chapter and I know eventually I have to stop beating around the bush and make them see each other and have an actual conversation but I'm just trying to make a long and smooth tradition but, I promise it'll be worth it. Alright, well that's a wrap for this chapter feel free to answer my following questions :) Do you think that she'll start trying to put herself back out there without Hunter's help? Have you ever been through what Jake is feeling? How hard have you fallen for someone? Do you think that Hunter is taking advantage of her vulnerability? Love you guys and I promise I'll try to update as soon as my schedule allows me to -Aime