Chapter Two

Chapter Two

(A/N: Ok, let's take a moment to appreciate Barbara and Stella's cuteness cause oml *insert heart eye emoji here* Anyways, they are honestly friendship goals in real life like I need true friends like that man. Otay... Onward with the chapter!)

Carolina pulled me down the stairs where Hunter was currently hanging out with his friends. She had made me change out of my leggings and sweatshirt, into a floral loose tank top and some high waisted shorts which I am appreciative for considering I underestimated how humid it was going to be. Knowing my hair was going to get frizzy if I didn't pull it up (A/N: I cannot be the only one that has to do this when the humidity is out of control like thank you mother nature, I totally wanted to look like Mufasa from the Lion King today. Lol, I made a funny), I slicked my hair back into a ponytail and quickly strapped on my gladiator sandals. Of course, Carolina and her loudness attracted the attention of the group and whose curiosity increased at that sight of the new girl. 

"Hey little lady, these are the boys. Boys, this is Lenne or in other words, little lady." Hunter teasingly smiled, getting up and walking over to Carolina and I. He ruffled his sister's hair and slung his arm around my shoulders, making the both of us glare menacingly at him. He smiled cheekily, his dimples making a quick appearance. I opened my mouth to say something but, he quickly dragged me over to the middle of the living room, basically showcasing me off to his buddies. 

"Alright little lady, this boy right here..." He said pointing at a guy with a sharp jaw and light eyes. 

"Is Skye. That douchebag in the corner.." He nudged his head over at a muscular light-skinned guy with tattoos, "His name is Sebastian but we call him Seb. Then we have Cory and Raymond." He finished, pointing at a guy with curly light brown hair and a dirty blonde dude with some serious stubble.

"Only three of you sound like you are from around here. Where are you from?" I pointed at Skye, who was eating gummy bears and staring at me. Hunter chuckled and pushed me towards Carolina, seeing that she was impatiently tapping her foot on the floor. 

"He is a New Jersey boy but, you two seem like you have something to do. Go. I don't need you guys causing trouble. Especially you, little lady." Hunter teased, winking my way and waving us away. 

"Yeah. Of course. Cause us two can cause more trouble than your group of gorillas. But alright, bye boys. Nice meeting you." I smirked, walking off. Hearing a series of protests from behind us, Carolina grabbed my arm and pulled me back. She put us in the position where we were facing a group of very huge and muscular guys whom I had just offended. 

"I'm choosing to ignore the fact you called us gorillas due to you having the balls to offend Hunter. Which may I add, needed to get his head out of his culo." Sebastian chuckled, while Hunter punched his shoulder in protest. 

"Well thank you for the consideration kind sir, but I have to go spend some time with my god sister, you know the one that can't stop staring at you," I smirked, chuckling when Carolina cried out in embarrassment and yanked me out of the room.

"You are very feisty for your size. You needa chill." Carolina shook her head, lifting her head off my lap to look at what I was looking at on my phone, a picture of Jake and I. She squealed and took it out of my hand, ogling at the sight of us kissing. I quickly took it back and closed my camera roll, annoyed at the fact that I hadn't come around to deleting all the pictures of him and me. 

"You failed to mention you had a boy toy when we were talking about Sebastian and I. Actually no, that should've been the first thing you said to me because I was already thinking of shipping you and my brother." She guffawed, falling off her bed and staring up at me, waiting for my answer. 

"We're not together anymore," I muttered, suddenly becoming a bit hostile and getting off the bed. 

"I'm going to make a sandwich. Want one?" I announced, my jaw set tightly. Speechless and confused, Carolina nodded. That's all I need to exit the room bitterly and trudged down the stairs. From the lack of sound in the house, I assumed the boys had left. I was relieved in all honesty, I didn't need anyone poking around in my business.

Once in the kitchen, I raided the fridge for all the items I needed to make a simple grilled cheese sandwich. The quiet finally got to me, so I plugged my phone into the speakers on the counter, pressing shuffle on my Spotify playlist. The intro to Drunk Texting began to play and I smirked, thinking that I was alone enough to sing and dance a bit. Way to make myself at home, am I right? Dancing around and singing the chorus, I didn't realize Hunter was leaning against the fridge until he began singing along with me, our voices merging into a good melody. My head snapped towards him, as he sauntered towards my phone and he paused the music. 

"Didn't peg you for the kind of girl to be into this type of music. You look like a more Ariana Grande type chick, little lady." He taunted, running a hand through his long brown hair. His green eyes sparkled of pure humor and curiosity. 

"I think you're mistaking me for Katia," I remarked, turning back to my food preparation. It wasn't long before I felt his body heat radiating off him in waves from behind me. Tensing up, I turned around and moved away from him. 

"Can I help you?" I raised my eyebrow, grabbing a napkin and wiping my fingers. He shook his head and hummed his response.

"So why exactly are you here little lady? We never hear from you and all of the sudden you're living with us for the summer. What's that about?" He questioned coolly, leaning against the opposite counter while I finished up the second sandwich for Carolina. 

"I wanted a different type of vacation. That's all." I shrugged, not looking at him. I was honestly surprised when I hear him start chuckling. I turned towards him and raised my eyebrow at the clear amusement on his face. 

"Did I say something funny or are you high?" I questioned annoyed. 

"No. You're just a really bad liar." He chuckled, moving closer to as I moved backward and look anywhere but his face. 

"You're not looking for a vacation. I can see it. What are you running from? Or more like who?" Hunter pressed on, raising an eyebrow when I looked down at the floor. 

"Who I'm trying to let go of and what I'm doing here, is none of your business." I angrily spat, pushing him and walking away. I didn't owe anyone an explanation. No one needed to talk me into listening or forgiving. I was ok. I was letting go. 

"Sometimes what you let go is exactly what you needed," Hunter called out from behind me.

I couldn't help but think that maybe, just maybe, he was right.

All Rights Reserved

Hi Peaches, how'd you like the chapter? Personally, I enjoyed writing this because I was listening to my writing playlist that my best friend made me the entire time. What do you guys think about Hunter and his little nickname for her? Do you think that Lenne feels more hate or love for Jake? Who's your favorite character from TBN? I'm having some fun trying to develop Lenne's feelings at the moment mostly because I've felt so many things from experience that I'm trying to create her way of coping and going through it. It probably makes no sense the way I just put it, but I'm seriously trying to make this really god for you guys. That being said, I love you guys and I'll update soon. Woah wait, you know what just hit me? I start hell again on Monday *cough, cough* sorry I meant school :) Comment when you guys go back to school so I don't feel so bad lol Have a good rest of your day -Aime