#TuesdayPost(Review On The Mischievous Mrs. Maxfield)

The Mischievous Mrs. Mayfield by ninyatippett

Charlotte's known Martin Maxfield for years, he's the closest thing to a father figure that she's got

Charlotte's known Martin Maxfield for years, he's the closest thing to a father figure that she's got. She looks up to him, she respects him and she loves him, but what she definitely didn't expect was for him to blackmail his son into marrying her.

Brandon Maxfield is the heir to Maxfield Industries, and when his father threatens to give away the company to his cousin if he doesn't marry a girl called Charlotte Samuels. So, Brandon does the desperate thing, he bribes her. Thinking of her as a gold digger he decides to make her an offer she can't refuse, a million dollars for a year of marriage. She doesn't want to disappoint Martin, but she needs the money for college and paying off her father's debt.

When Charlotte finally agrees to the deal, Brandon and she must get married, only to find out how different they both are. Charlotte is wild, young and opinionated and Brandon is cold, stubborn and ruthless when it comes to his business. They're worlds apart, yet maybe they're just what the other needed. Charlotte needed a prince charming to sweep her off her feet, to protect her and support her after the events of her past. And Brandon needed someone to come into his world and make it a brighter place, healing his wounds with a bright smile and twinkling eyes. As they grow closer, they begin to realise that they have feelings for each other and that maybe Martin was right to pair them together. But how can they know that the other feels the same way if the entire marriage is fake?

I've been on Wattpad for a while, so naturally, I've encountered a lot of billionaire and waitress books. They are probably one of the most cliché storylines there are. But the thing I love the most about Wattpad is that once in a while, you'll find that one book that defies all the clichés, or makes all the clichés worth it. These books are gold and "The Mischievous Mrs Maxfield" is one such book. Sure, it does have its clichés; yet, the writing style and the characters make it worth reading, especially Charlotte. Charlotte is quite different from the typical heroines of Wattpad books; she's smart, mouthy, kind-hearted and sarcastic and most importantly, she's strong.

This book is full of twists and turns and little speed bumps on the road. It's a story about two people falling in love despite all the obstacles hanging in their way, from their false marriage to their difficult pasts. It's slightly frustrating; enough to make you want to tear your hair out, but it's sweet, cute and heartwarming.

Trust me, add this book to your library, you'll love it.

-Tamanna

(@Tamaska01)