#TuesdayPost(Melody Review)

Melody by most_bay

Blurb:

I pledge myself to you, my love,
My life is no longer my own,
My afterlife is unknown,
If I'm fortunate, If I'm adequate,
If I'm to be in the heavens,
I'll plead for my home.
Your eyes are my home,
Your breath is my air,
Your voice is my song,
Your arms are my shrine,
Your heart is my altar,
Your smile is my prayer,
Your hand is my prize,
I ache to make you mine.
I need you in every way,
My rib is not in place.  My certain heart calls you,
My present, my future, my solace,
My first and last, my onliest love.
My other self, my life,
My queen, my wife,
'I love you ' is not enough.

***
Melody Summer, a nineteen  year old homeless girl with a painful past. Shy and introvert with major insecurities, accidentally irreligious.  she aged out of foster care and was left without guidance to fend for herself in the concrete jungle of Manhattan. When she meets Akram Sadiq. Twenty one, Handsome, muslim, Egyptian-American, Juilliard student, her life takes an unexpected turn.

Melody  doesn’t know who her parents are or even if they are alive. Living in foster care and foster homes is not easy either and now she lives in a shelter with two peculiar roommates, one of which is suicidal. She is fired from her job but is lucky enough to find another job, a good friend at C.C. Café and a mysterious but sweet Akram.

Very few romantic novels grasp my attention and this one managed to do it. Melody by @most_bay is a good balance of romance and realism. It has its own pace which is not too fast and is working perfect for what it set out to do. It is a classic break from all the cheesiness and overused plots. If you sit and ponder for a while on the words, some of them have quite deep meanings. Melody’s everyday struggle is explained well and as for Akram, while he remains a mystery, enough information is provided.

It was definitely a good read and I’d surely exhort anyone who wants a break from the cliché and cheesiness to definitely read it.

Submitted by @Essense_0f_Life

*~*

Feel free to submit your work for a chance to be featured. Be sure to follow the guidelines however.