He's so beautiful

oi,, this is a continuation of the last part & bc it has been a long-ish time since i updated, you might wanna just look over the last part or just skim the ending, mkay? ((advice from jooj))

Our joints were aching from the cold, skin itching from damp clinging shirts and fingers and toes numb. I knew this not just from feeling it myself but from Dan's constant complaints as we walked to his apartment; If he wasn't complaining about being soaked to the bone, he was grumbling about how we should have got a bus or taxi or uber or do anything but walk- even though he was the one to suggest it. I knew he wasn't easily pleased or the most upbeat of people but gosh, he sure did complain a lot.

Although his complaints were loud and open, there was still a spring to his step as he did a little jump every time we crossed the road and reached the pavement.

I wasn't exactly bothered or upset about his complaints, in fact, I felt quite happy he was just talking to me. Thinking back to when I first met Dan, or Howell , him talking to me about anything was something close to a miracle.

After the short walk, the rain began to lighten up and we reached one of those grand private roads that you always pass by and wish you lived on and when you were younger you would drive by then say: "That's my one!"
Then your friend or cousin or whoever would reply, pointing to an even grander home you've yet to see, replying: "And that one is my one!"
But I digress.

One of those apartments were Dan's.

Ivory painted bricks that seemed to never peel or stain, picture perfect green and cider coloured trees that the sun seemed to hit just right. The pavements even looked clean, as if someone came and jet washed them daily. Even the falling autumn leaves land gracefully into small neat stacks, decorating the kerb. It was a sweet picture that you would only see in some rom-com or a Sims creation.

As you can probably assume, I am not the kind of man to know whether a car is good or not or expensive or not...but every car on the street looked more expensive than my whole apartment.

Dan slowed as we reached the gate to his, what looked like, townhouse. ''I own both the upstairs and the downstairs but the upstairs is where I live part-time.'' He answered my unannounced question, opening the pointed black gate for me. Once I mumbled a thank you, he continued, ''The downstairs is for meetings between-ugh-'' His eyes rolled ''just an array of business people.'' It was strange, the more and more Dan spoke the more personality spilt out.

Entering the townhouse was depressing, honestly. It was so well decorated and there was so much going on and wow. I was in a designer's home. ''Er-Phil, there's a meeting about to go on down here, care to follow?'' Dan cocked his head to the side, already somehow ahead of me, a few steps up the stairs. This needed to stop. I need to pay attention to what's going on.

So, I followed Dan up the stairs to his personal section of the townhouse. It was a little studio flat with a nice open plan kitchen spilling into the room. Again, it was so well designed. All the furnishing was gorgeous and everywhere was decorate and somewhat personal too. Minimalistic but elements of Dan was still there. It wasn't homely and it seemed for show but I wasn't here to inspect his place (even though he did inspect mine but, putting that behind us).

!!this bit is important so if you're skimming read here onwards!!

Running his fingers through his wet fringe, separating the hairs that were clumped together in thick strands. ''There are two rails just there-'' He pointed to the window where the two rails he mentioned stood. ''One of them are mine and the other is yours. Not for you to-like-live here just the outfits I bring in for you. Just pick something up you like, I usually pick yours with mine when I get ready but seeing as you're here you might as well. Just don't put something ugly together.'' He waved his hand dismissively, crossing the room to his bed which was so nicely covered in different blankets, throws and cushions. It looked so soft. He picked up the clothes laid out before mumbling something under his breath, ''..because I've seen what you throw together.''