Perception is Key

Three weeks into January and Phil Lester still was taking no notice of me, so as I said, the only solution was to visit him. I still had his application forum in my office file, as I did for all my employees.

Phil and I needed to talk. We needed to talk about re-employment and I suppose I needed to conjure up somewhat of an apology. Truly, I did want to apologise but I did not know how to.  Nothing that fell from my own very lips was anywhere near genuine enough. Phil deserved a genuine apology but that was something I could not give to him.

There was something I could give him though which applied: flowers.

Without a moment's hesitation I strode out of my office, pushing past Kendall down the stairs blanked PJ as he called after me in the lobby and felt like the only thing that mattered were those flowers.

Blue flowers, blue flowers, blue flowers. Flowers, flowers, flowe-Rain!

My mind suddenly went blank as I felt rain droplets hit the bridge of my nose. I stopped still in the middle of the pavements. Ever so slightly panicked, I turned around to face the direction of where my office once was but didn't realise how far away I actually walked, my mind so busy thinking about Phil's blue flowers I didn't notice how busy my legs were too. I couldn't turn back to grab an umbrella now so, I pushed up my blazer's sleeves and started to run. Running was not something I did very often and certainly did not do it for fun AND certainly not for fun in a designer suit.

People looked at me as if I was a maniac but I mean hey, I did look like one.

My shoes rubbed against my heels and my blazer restricted my arm movements so I whipped it off, carrying it in my arms instead. I began to run faster, skidding at a sharp corner, my arms flailing and my leg cocking up as I slowed down before continuing. I kept running until the small peeling-yellow-painted shop was in sight, dashing across the road causing multiple cars to honk at me but I didn't care one bit.

Blue flowers, blue flowers, blue flowers. Flowers, flowers, shop, shop. Yellow shop, yellow shop.

I pushed that yellow door wide open and fuck, I was determined to get the perfect bunch of blue flowers for that blue eyed boy. I looked around and there were you average plain old pinks and yellows and honestly, they looked crap. I wanted blue.

I went over to the small counter and nobody was behind it?

For all they know I could be a flower freak and rob them of all their crappy flowers. I doubt they have security tags it's only a small shop so hey, I could rob them of their flowers and give Phil all the flowers here but I won't but I so could.

''Hello? Is anybody here, you really should not leave this place unattended.'' I cleared my throat and a small elderly woman came from behind the counter with a little smile on her face.

''Awh, dearie. Don't worry nobody robs a florist, how can I help you?''

I scoffed at her, ''How do you know that? Someone could rob you.''

She stood still with the fakest grin I have ever seen ''Because, sir, nobody robs a florist.''

''I could've robbed you.''

''Are you telling me you are going to rob me?''

''No. Do you have any blue flowers?''

And I left that shop as soon as I got my flowers and god that woman was the worst old lady ever. She kept giving me cheap ugly looking flowers or yellow flowers or bluebells or flowers that quite clearly were not blue. If I wanted purple or sangria flowers I would have said so. The best thing I could get my hands on was a pot of forget-me-nots. Ideally, I wanted a bouquet but never mind.