Waiting

As girl walks up to the podium of our auditorium, whisper rose through the crowd. She was a quiet small creature that we all knew-Annie. We have seen her around with other girl but one the other girl disappeared, so did she. Now, why is She here? Her steps echoes across the room as if demanding silence. 

The adults starts to panic and they send one of the teachers to asked her what  She was doing. He stops her a few steps from the podium and ask her, "Annie, um what-um do you have any thing to say? We did not realize that you wanted to talk."

The press behind us question us about her existence. We told them her name was Annie. They asked for more and we just repeated that She was Annie and She was a friend. For this was all that we knew.

She side stepped him without giving him an answer. She spoke in the mic, " Students. You know me as Annie. I am Annie." 

She stopped for a minute as if unsure what else was there to say then continued, "Who is Annie can someone tell? Haha. Hi, I am Annie. Who are you? Now that you know I am Annie can you tell who am I? No no, you don't have to answer. I am just here to give you something. A poem of the end,"

The violinist plays a slow, somber tune

Twilight with a side of cruelty

When world fades,

City lights will twinkled at a distance

Beautiful-

Replacing

What used to be called the starry night sky

Silence pounds over the ears and hears

A natures beauty-

Love, laughter, and . . . smiles . . .

Rapidly dissolves into nothing

No smoke, no ash

The violin melody steady but grows

Drums beats slow and rhythmic

Faces flash

Smiles and laughter mixed

The joy rings through you ears

When the merchant of death arrive

Nothing will be here anymore

The drum beats slows

And longs. . .

Things become softer

And quieter

The violinist plays

His last note

All comes to an end

With everything else.

She smile lightly and said, " We are all waiting for an ending. My friend took a short cut but I will say and wait with you. Until the end for this is where we are headed. Towards the end.