[ vi. ]

TRIGGER WARNING

RIILEY couldn't stand her reflection.

The brunette examined her facial features, irritation rushing through her. She couldn't help but wonder how her mother had been so beautiful throughout her teen years until now and she turned out like this.

The girl in the mirror disgusted her. God, she couldn't stand her and wished she could've been in another body. A body more beautiful without all the imperfections that it currently possessed. A body that was perfect and not a waste of space.

     Her hands reached for the scissors on the sink before her mind could process what she had been doing. Opening them, she pressed the sharp area against her skin, a chill running through her from the cold touch. It felt wrong but wonderful against her pale skin all at once and she couldn't decide what to do.

A knock sounded at the door, startling her, causing her to accidentally glide the scissors against her skin. She hissed in pain, dropping the scissors on the ground as her hand placed pressure against her wrist.

     "Riley," a feminine voice sounded, having her panic more. "is everything alright?" pure concern was laced in her tone. The young girl wasn't sure what to do, her mind blank.

Another knock at the door sounded, this one much more eager. "One second, please!" Riley rushed, turning the faucet on. She pressed her lips together tightly as she placed her wrist under the water. The cut stung but she knew she had to do this.

Turning the water off, she opened the cabinet under the sink and grabbed a bandage, quickly covering her mark. She cleaned the mess up as fast as she could, leaving not even a hint of what had happened.

"Riley?" Another voice called, and she could tell it was her dad. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door coming face to face with her grandmother and father.

Concerned looks were lingering on their faces and for some reason she felt guilty. She faked a smile at them as if nothing was wrong. "Is something wrong?"

They exchanged looks before her dad stepped forward, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You alright?" He asked, worry in his voice and she didn't understand why. They were acting as though something had happened. Though it had, it wasn't on purpose.

"Dad, grandma," wrapping her hand around her dads, she squeezed his hand reassuringly, "I'm fine, other then the soap that got into my eye but I'm perfect." Perfectly imperfect.

They both nodded and without another word, the brunette escaped from their presence and into her room, locking the door behind her.

Exhaling a breath that she didn't realize she had been holding, her hand ran through her tangled hair. Her eyes caught onto the bandage on her wrist. She could feel the tears making their way but before they could fall, she squeezed her eyes closed preventing their exit.

After a few moments, she reopened her eyes and the tears were gone but that didn't stop the pained feeling she felt inside.

Suddenly a alarm went off and her head shot towards her bay window where her open laptop and video equipment laid. She had forgotten that she planned on filming today. As much as she didn't want to, she would do it either way.

Sauntering over and taking a seat at the window, she pushed her sleeves of her sweater down and wiped her face. Ready, she hit a key on her keyboard and immediately faked a smile as her camera began filming.

"Hey sunshines, welcome to rileytown!"

I am so so sorry if this was sad. I'm such an a-hole. excuse any grammar or punctuation mistakes, I just typed and honestly not in the mood to go over and fix anything. please comment and tell me what you think.

oh and one more thing. if anyone thinks it's just riley that would be having problems, it's not. other characters will be dealing with some serious stuff but I won't be saying who. you'll just have to wait and see.