[ iii. ]

Various ingredients were neatly situation of the countertop, all in order of the cooking process. 

If he hadn't organized all that he did, he wouldn't be able to concentrate. He couldn't understand how people were able to cook with such messed amongst them.

"What delicious meal are you cooking today?" His mother questioned as she entered the kitchen, father falling close behind her. Charlie looked up from planner, smiling at them.

The happiness showed on their faces of how proud they were of him. They supported all his decisions, believing that good things came from them.

Charlie was an early cooker, middle school early. All the kids in his class made fun of him because he shared that he wanted to be a chef when he got older.

He never seemed to understand how everyone could be cruel towards a dream but he learned to not care. As long as he was proud of himself, and knew he could achieve anything he put his heart into, that's all that mattered.

Charlie watched as his father set his camera equipment up, noticing he hadn't done it.

"Grandma's secret lasagna."

Those three words sparked fireworks in his parents eyes, grins appearing on their faces. He chuckled. His grandmothers lasagna was amazing.

His grandmother, carol, taught him personally. She knew he could make it just as good as she had, that's why she only shared her secret of perfection with him.

"That's our cue," his mother said, pulling her husband with her out of the kitchen, "have fun."

When his parents were out of sight, he went to turn on the camera but his phone buzzed. He was eager to start but he hated having people waiting for replies.

Quickly dismissing his cooking duties, he ushered across the kitchen, over to the table, retrieving his phone.

Missy - I don't exist anymore -.-

Laughing lightly, he unlocked his phone, quickly replying.

Charlieee - of course you do, just busy.

Missy - you promised you'd always have time for me :/

Charlieee - sorry if I haven't been active with you lately.

Missy - it's fine; I'm sure you have your reasons.

Charlieee - the same reason as any other, video making.

Missy - shoot. I'm disturbing your video time... Totally forgot..

Charlieee - I don't mind. I'd stop anything to talk to my best friend.

Missy - I'm blushing.

Charlieee - job well done.

Missy - haha well charlieee, I'll let you get to your video only if you promise to call me after. I miss your annoying voice.

Charlieee - of course, call you soon!

Charlie and Missy have been friends since as long as he could remember. It started from the Internet, and it blossomed from there.

The two never met personally but they face-timed multiple times. After a month of talking, Missy demanded a video chat, saying that she refused to be friends unless she knew he was real, and not an old man. That moment, Charlie knew they'd be best friends.

Placing his phone down, Charlie returned to his spot behind the counter. He started recording, and instantly got into his intro.

-

YES, another upload. If you are wondering, I'll definitely be updating this more often. One more thing, please check out my new book- 'clandestine' ; it's different from what I'm used to. It would mean so much if you do, thank you.