Principals are the Worst

The halls were almost completely deserted except for a few kids that were ditching class making out at their lockers. With every step I grew more and more anxious. I rarely ever get in trouble. I mean sure I get in trouble sometimes but not recently! Oh! I bet it'll be about papa or my grades or, or, I don't know!

When I had finally made it to the office my hands were shaking. "Have a seat Electra. Mr. Drak will see you in a moment." Mr. Ladon, the secretary, said. Not a minute after did he say that did Mr. Drak's dark voice boom, "Send Miss. Collins in." I practically jumped when he said my name.

I took the seat across from his desk, fidgeting with my skirt. "Miss. Collins, your father has left a, 'dog' in your keep when he is unable to care for it?" That was a fancy way of saying it but I nodded anyways. "Then Miss. Collins your dog has been place in your dorm room. I should advise you to go now and pick it up."

"Yes sir." I started to get up but Mr. Drak stopped me. "And Miss Collins, I hope your father feels better. You are now dismissed." He didn't have to tell me twice.

When I had finally made it up the three flights of stairs(Yes we don't have elevators) I flung open my door only to have a small saint bernard tackle me to the ground. "Shady! Stop it!" I laughed. "Let's get you all leashed up so I can get back to class." I started rummaging through my things and finally found the black collar/leash that came with him. "Come on Shady! I have some friends for you to meet!" I say as I slip on the collar. But just before I left I noticed a small, shiny box. "What's this?" There was I note attached. It read: 'My sweet little darling. For you I give the most important thing you'll need. Use it well. ♥- Mom' I was so happy. Mom has always given me a birthday present but It's never been sent to my room. I open the box. Inside the box was a ring made of some sort of black metal (Stygian Iron) with a blood red ruby at either side and a golden apple in the middle. It was so beautiful. I slipped it on my right ring finger and left my dorm.

***Nico's POV***

"Grover. What do you think she was called in for? Do you think Drak and Ladon have made their move?" I said as we walked down the steps. "Nah. I think they're just trying to spook us. Keep us on edge. Besides, I think we both know why you're freaking out."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh don't play dumb. I know you like her." He gave a smirk, and when I opened my mouth to give a few choice words I heard someone yell, "Shady! Come back!" When I turned to see just who Shady was I was smacked to the ground by something big and slobbery. "Nico! Nico, are you okay?!" With my head throbbing I opened my eyes to see a saint bernard puppy on top of me. Once I had gotten him off I said. "I take that that's Shady?" Electra blushed. "Yeah, sorry about that. I guess he saw Grover and you and just bolted." She picked up the puppy and bounced him, as if he were a baby. "Well I gotta go. Oh and Happy Birthday!" Gover said, as he walked away. "Thanks!" Electra shouted.

When she turned to me she was smiling ear to ear. "Nico would you like to co-"

"Well, look what the dog dragged in." Electra's face fell as we turned to see three girls coming our way. They were all blond, thin, and wore their uniforms differently(Like in the movies). "Hello Maya." Electra's voice was bitter and cold. "Say whos the eye candy here?" Maya turned to me. "Are you new? Because you must be if you're walking around with that. How bout you ditch the geek and come with us?" Electra's eyes were wide. She looked at me. "Nico you're not go-" Maya pushed her down. "Oh shut up." I leaned down to help her. I almost didn't because there was a reddish tint in her blue eyes. Her hands tightened on the leash. Then she muttered under her breath, "SIC em αγόρι." (Sic em boy). Uh oh.

***Electra's POV***

After Maya had pushed me down I felt a surge of rage and power. I had felt this way before. It happens when I'm angry. Like really, REALLY angry. My grip tightened on the leash and said, "SIC em αγόρι." That's when Shady latched on to Maya's leg. "Get it off! Get it off! Get it off! Get you mangy mutt off of me!" I stood. "Sorry, I guess he just doesn't like people who mistreat his owner." I smiled devilishly. "Miss. Collins!" Mr. Drak's voice boomed. Oh great. "Miss Collins! You are to report back to my office immediately!" I looked back at Nico. 'I'll wait.' he mouthed. I sighed. I could hear the three witches laugh as I trudged away.