Meet the King of the Dead

As I walked down the gravel driveway to my dad's house I was still thinking about this Percy person.

How did he know Mr. B? And what could possibly want to attack me?

As I came up to the house my dad walked out to greet me. "Hey Sweetie!" He said, smiling brightly. I smiled back. "Hi Papa."

His face twisted into pain and staggered a bit. Luckily I got to him in time. "Papa." I said worriedly. "You know to use your cane. It's not safe for you to walk without help." Tears threatened to spill from my eyes. "I don't want you to leave too."

He sighed. "I know Electra. I didn't mean to scare you so badly." I smiled and took him inside and laid him on the couch. He fell asleep in no time. I looked at him and a silent tear trickled down my cheek. I wiped it from my face.

He never calls me Electra except for when he's really serious. I walked into the kitchen and put my bag on the table.

I went up stairs and went to my room. Once in I removed my stupid school uniform (pic is the cover of book) and wrapped a towel around me to get to the bathroom. I hopped in and then out super quick and put on a black tank top, light purple top that I tightened with a tan ribbon. And then I put on a black flowy skirt and a pair of black flats.

I looked at my dad. Fast asleep. I slipped out the door and walked down the pathway again. His naps usually last 2 hours so I had plenty of time to take a quick walk.

I went the school and sat in the garden they had in back. There was a stone bench that was hidden away in the shadow of a tree. And the fountain seems to shine like silver. I come here quite often. Its peaceful. Quiet. So...

I heard a scream and a someone or something hit a bush. I got up and went to see what it was. I saw a pair of feet sticking out from under the bush. I giggled a bit as the figure sat up and rubbed his head of black hair. I extended my arm to him. "Do you need a hand?" I said, trying not to laugh. The boy took my hand and stood. He was taller than me by like 2 inches and was wearing all black. The only thing not black was a dark tan aviator jacket. He had a medium build and was super cute.

"Thanks." He said, smiling and let go of my hand. "No problem." I said. As he was dusting off his pants I asked, "By the way. What happened to you?" He looked up and said, "I was skateboarding and crashed into the bush."

"Then where is you skateboard?"

"Stuck in that bush. I think."

"You think?" I smiled a bit. "We let's cheek shall we?"

I walked to the bush and looked in. I saw something and picked it out. I turned to look at him. He had gotten closer to the point where we were a foot or so a part. I held out the board. "Here." I said, blushing a bit. He smirked. "Thanks." He took the board and started to walk away when I said, "My name is Electra by the way." He turned, still smirking. "Nico." Is all he said before he hopped on his board and speed away.

I released the breath I didn't know I was holding in and then mentally slapped myself.

How could I have been so stupid. I mean SERIOUSLY! I was so... I don't think there are even words to describe it. And he was just so... so... perfect. His midnight hair. His pale skin. Just like mine. But his eyes! They were like two black holes that seemed to suck you in.

I sighed. I started to walk home. Papa was probably awake and I had dinner to make for him.

**Nico's POV before the crash**

Stupid Percy. How am I supposed to find one out of a million girls? It's not like I have a magic find-a-demigod wand or something.

At least Grover gave me a picture of her. She was actually pretty cute in it. Her black hair in two braids. Her mouth wide with a sparkling smile. Her milky white skin seemed to shimmer like fresh snow. She had been holding a bouquet of red roses and she was wearing a Dorothy costume. On the top it said "STARING" so my guess was she was the star of the school play. I bet she was great.

I shook my head. 'Stop thinking about it!' I thought to myself.

That's when I saw a flash of something shiny. "What the..." Was all I could say before CRASH. I screamed. I landed into the stupid bush.

When I came out I rubbed my head. And then I saw a hand stretched out to me. And connected to that hand was... THE GIRL!

"Do you need a hand?" she said, trying not to laugh. I took her hand and stood. I was taller than her by like 2 inches. "Thanks." I said, smiling. I let go of my hand. "No problem." she said. As I was dusting off my pants she asked, "By the way. What happened to you?" I looked up and said, "I was skateboarding and crashed into the bush."

"Then where is you skateboard?"

"Stuck in that bush. I think."

"You think?" She smiled a bit. "We let's cheek shall we?"

She walked to the bush and looked in. She was so hot. I could hardly resist to check her out from the back. She turned to look at me. Without realizing it I had gotten closer to the point where we were a foot or so a part. She held out the board. "Here." She said, blushing a bit. I smirked. "Thanks." I took the board and started to walk away when she said, "My name is Electra by the way." I turned, still smirking. "Nico." Is all I said before he hopped on his board and speed away.

I released the breath I didn't know I was holding in and then mentally slapped myself.

'Why didn't I ask her out?! She obviously thought I was hot. I am so STUPID!'

**Electra's POV at home**

Papa was still sound asleep when I came back. I sighed and walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. I took out eggs and cheese.

I cracked two eggs and put some cheese into the mixing bowl. Next I put them in the pan, cooked them, spread cheese on top, microwaved them and wala. We have cheesy eggs!

I went over to Papa and lightly nudged him. "Papa. Papa. It's almost time for me to get back to my dorm."

He opened his eyes and yawned. "What's that smell?"

"I made you something to eat before I go. By the way. Could you sigh this for me? Please."

He sighed it and said, "Oh Electra. Thank you. I wish you could stay longer."

"I know Papa. But Mr. Drak would never allow it. Now. You eat and then get some sleep. Good-bye Papa."

"Goodbye my golden apple."

When I left I smiled. Golden Apple is my little pet name because when I was little, and even now, have allways loved the myth of it. I just feel so... attached to it somehow.

I wonder why.