The Baby - The Cries

Theresa wasn't too sure if she wanted to take the shortcut,  but Lisette was leading and she was following.   As they rode through the forest, they heard two individual arguings.    Theresa, stopped the bike, and listen  "Why are you stopping, really in the middle of the forest?" asked Lisette   "Did you hear that?" asked Lisette    "I heard something, but it doesn't matter, cause we're in the middle of the forest. Let us just go around them.  Make sure they don't see us." said Theresa    

"Fine, whatever makes you happy," said Lisette but they heard a very loud horrible, freighting noise, that creep the girls out, who started going faster on the bikes.   "Shit, now I know you heard that?" screamed Theresa as they both rode the bikes full speed.    They heard a woman screamed, as though she was in pain.  She screamed for a good six seconds, then everything was quiet.  Silence, not even the animals of the forest were making a sound.

The girls glance at each other, then faster they went on the bikes.   Theresa happened to ride into a large dirt hole.  that caused her to fall off the bike.    Lisette stopped quickly and dragged her behind some trees that had fallen.  She covered the bikes with some leaves.   "Theresa, how's your foot?  Let's wait here for a minute or two.   So whatever is out there has a chance to leave." said Lisette   "I'm fine, my knee is scraped up a little,  but nothing that a bandage can take care of." said Theresa as she was wiping off the dirt off her knee.  Two minutes went by,  they heard the loud breathing noise and running sound.  Whatever was running was very large.  

After a little while, the girls got up and headed to the Bakery.  As they got closer to the other side where it was located, they heard another sound, this time, it was the sound of a baby crying.  "Shit this is getting better by the minute.  Did you hear that?"asked Lisette  "Yes I did, let's get out of here, look we'll right there."said Theresa   "Now, that monstrous sound we heard, that I can ignore, but a baby crying, that I can't ignore."said Lisette as she stopped and got off the bike.  She slowly walked in the direction of the cries.  To her surprise,  she saw a baby,  a little boy about a year old.  He was sitting on the forest grounds crying up a storm.   Lisette slowing approach him, "Hi, sweetie what's wrong, you mommy left you behind?" she said as she picked him up.  

The little boy stopped crying. "Oh, poor thing, he must be scared out here all by himself," said Lisette as she walks towards to Theresa with the child.  "What are you doing? Go put that baby back.' asked Theresa   "No way, I'm leaving him out here." she said   

"What if that baby belongs to that thing that made the horrible noise, what then?" asked Theresa   "I guess we'll deal with it when the time comes.  Right now this baby needs our help." said Lisette as she, hopped on the bike with the child in her hands.  She continued on riding the bike.  Theresa looked around still frighten and followed her friend.    Lisette didn't go straight to the Bakery, instead, she did a quick turn and went back home the long way, the safe road.   

"Hey, what about our Danishes?" asked Theresa   "You go picked them up, I'm taking the baby home.  I'll meet you back at the house." said Lisette as they rode away.  Theresa shook her head but still want to buy the Danish.  She came out of the Bakery she saw a children store.    She decided to pick up, baby milk, pampers, everything that she believed Lisette need for their new child.  Theresa wasn't sure of anything, but it was a baby and he needed their help and that's what she intended on doing.  After she was done shopping, she tied the bags all over the bike, then she proceeded to go home, the long way.